Thursday, July 2, 2009

KiaOra

I haven't taken any pictures since I've been in NZ but wanted to say hello! HELLOOOOO!!! We've had a wonderful day yesterday. We actually had to spend another 1/2 hr in the air because of some U.S. military exercise in the pacific ocean so we had to detour around it. Let me tell you. spending over 12 hrs in the plane originally and then adding more time does NOT HELP! ha ha. We have never been treated SO well on any plane. Air New Zealand was incredible. i.e. The stewardess in charge blocked off a whole row besides the one we had just for us. Jack had a bassinette to sleep in and I went back with Charlotte and she slept on two seat and I had my own. We were on a 777 so it was sets of 3 for each row. Including middle. LIke you really wanted to know that. ha ha. The kids were SO good. Charlotte was terrified of the plane while walking down to our seat on the SWA flight. She was clingy the whole time were were on both planes. Freaked out the second I would stand up, etc. But she didn't cry and slept for 7 hrs or so on the NZ flight. Jack slept the same amount. In fact both kids fell asleep before we took off which was nice. I was able to get a total of 5 hrs of sleep. So that was nice : ) I rarely sleep on plane and usually it's like 20 min. here or there. The only thing that happened was an hour and a half before we landed in NZ Jack threw up everywhere. EVERYWHERE. But can't complain.
We arrived and had a great breakfast at Lian's house, Wade's sister. I went shopping with her and Elle for a few hours. While Wade just reminisced, etc. Had a beautiful, yummy dinner with the rest of the family and by 7:30pm NZ time, I was wasted. ha ha. We tried to keep the kids up as long as possible so they could get used to the new time zone. Charlotte fell asleep on the dining chair at 6:30 (12:30a.m. Utah time) so that was a sign! ha ha. I put the kids up first and then I went to bed at 7:30. After being up til 3am for the last week and then the flight I don't think anyone blamed me. Wade followed my example 5 min. later. he he. And the kids woke up at 4:20am NZ time (10:20am Utah time). Not too bad I think. It's just going to be a day or two more until they get used to it. And when I went to get Charlotte first thing she told me was ear and signed for her implant. YAY! I was so happy. She's wanting the implant because it's working. Just going to take a little time to recognize sound and I'm fine with that. Things are different with Charlotte and once she gets something she takes off. It's going to be wonderful! And today, we're off to do family pictures. And that's it! So we'll just have fun going shopping, visiting friends, family, etc. I love having nothing to do...no pressures!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adventure. I LOVE Air New Zealand too. I flew it two years ago to London. It was absolutely the best airline I've ever flown (fortunately our trip was only like 10 hours). Have fun!!

David and Amy said...

Glad to hear you made it safe to NZ and to hear Charlotte's doing so well!

Eric and Jenny said...

It sounds like you are having a great time already, I am so glad her implant seems to be working. She must be such a happy little duck to be hearing again. Don't worry about the family pictures, I know exactly what you mean you have it all planned out in your head and when it doesn't turn out like you were hoping it is a very depressing thing. We are getting ours at the end of this month and I am just dreading it, pictures make me so onry!

Grannie said...

I am glad Charlotte's implant is working!! that is wonderful.
Have fun!

Jen said...

I'm so glad the flight went well! I can't believe you all slept that long. What a blessing! Sorry to hear Jack threw up though, ewwww! ;) It sounds like you are having a wonderful time and that makes me so happy! Wish I was there! Oh how I wish!! Relax and have fun and enjoy the no pressures! YAY!