Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day #4 Agrodome and Rotorua

Rotorua's geo thermal museum. Only 3 places in the world with geysers/mudpools : Yellowstone, Rotorua and some other place. Can't remember! Cool eh! This is at Te Puia.

We got this off of google. Just so you can see!


I have to find the chip reader and then I can post pics. So I'll try and do that tonight!! Anywho, today Charlotte woke up at 3:45am. YES. You read it right. I couldn't believe it. I was about to cry. So I came down, put on Curious George. Held Charlotte on the couch, closed my eyes and dost my ears decieve me she started to snore. I looked over and her eyes were closed! YAY. So I took her upstairs to bed except it took like 4 pit stops to keep her from waking everyone up every time I moved towards her bed because she cried so much. Thankfully her cousin Elle is a DEEP sleeper and didn't hear Charlotte cry in the room. Wade came and asked if I needed help/benadryl and I said let's juice her up. So it took almost an hour but I got to go back to sleep and slept in til 7am! YAY! ha ha. But today we left Jack with the family and took Charlotte along with an elderly missionary couple down to the Agrodome (sheep show) and Rotorua. The missionary couple were returning home to Boise from 2 years as an office couple in Vanuatu. So now we've got a place to stay in Boise when we go and visit Portland. yay! They were really nice company. Charlotte just had a fanastic time looking at all the little sheep and was able to feed a lamb! She seriously loved it. After the show, we headed to downtown Rotorua and dropped the couple off for a little Maori culture/geo thermal walkabout and we went and had some lunch and walked around the shops. That's about it. We're about to have pizza for dinner and a fun Family Home Evening together. I missed Jack so much but he had a blast and didn't seem to have a hard time with us being gone. Glad we've got family to count on.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I hope your FHE wasn't too fun. This cucks we haven't been sick in over a year and we get sick the day you guys get in. uhhhhhh

kevin said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! We went to Logan for the fireworks on the 3rd. Zach asked to drive by "our old house" so we did and saw the sign in front of yours?!

I love seeing the pictures of your trip. Tell Wade hello.

Rebecca said...

Sheep museum?? Are you still nursing?? Guess what? I'm about ready to nurse!!

Jessica said...

Yep Kevin! We're selling cause of the 10th west expansion. We're building a Kartchner home just off of 10th south in Country Side Village. Crazy! WE don't want to move but we will be way to close to a 5 lane highway.
Becky--I just finished the week before we left. I don't think Jack loves me anymore though. That's what it seems like. I can't wait til we see the baby! And for you to know what you're having!! : )

David and Amy said...

I remember seeing my parent's pictures of the Agrodome from their visit to NZ, it looks like the most fun place!

Grannie said...

Funny because last week I got out NZ pictures to print up for a book for dad and had a ton of the agrodome and those hilarious sheep that looked like people!!! I remember how neat that place was.

Jen said...

Sounds like you are having a blast!! How could you not? I'm glad you had family to watch Jack and you had such a wonderful time in Rotorua and playing with the lambs! :D BAAAAAAAAA!