Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's finished!!




The week before we left to NZ, Wade and I decided to sell our house. It has been a difficult decision but we have decided to build a house about 6 blocks south in a little community. So we had stayed up til 3 or 4 in the morning getting all the painting done, baseboards in, deep cleaning and most of all, finish up the peninsula we've been trying to finish. Wade made the countertop. We saved 400 dollars for the cheapest way of doing it. I think it cost only 120 dollars? Can't remember. It might be even less than that. But our friends gave us a great idea for the edge of the counter: stain some moulding and put it as the edge. And it looks SO posh. I found sound neat shelf supports (can't see them in the pic) for only 3 dollars each. They look like fancy scrolls. I'm good. We wanted to paint all the cupboards black but didn't have time. So we used some special oil to bring back to life the cupboards. We're pretty proud of ourselves!

4 comments:

Jen said...

It looks SO good!!! I'm truly impressed!! Can't wait to see it in person! I love how the peninsula turned out! It looks perfect! The edging looks so good! And the shelf supports add a little something more, which makes it even more beautiful!

Dionne said...

Looks great! We definitely appreciate this kind of work -- it is WORK! Great job guys!

Wendi said...

So 6 blocks south would put you in a different ward right?? Your house looks so great! I can see why you would be sad to leave.

Rebecca said...

What kind of oil? I need to bring my cupboards back to life, too.