Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day #3 July 4th

It was July 4th yesterday. Nothing too exciting except Charlotte sleeping in until 4:45am. Wade and i went out to another store to buy some stuff for the bbq we had. Then I made some cookies and 7 layer dip for it. All the family came. We had steaks, pasta salad, green salad, 7 layer dip, carrots and dip, focaccia bread, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. and for dessert, two chocolate cream pies, cookies, cheesecake and ice cream. We were going to do a pinata but we forgot to actually do it. Ha ha ha. Charlotte ate a little bit of the potato salad and dip but was going at the steak hard core. My kinda girl. then we just sat around and talked for hours. We all thought it was like 11pm but it was only 9pm. Hilarious. ha ha. Now, today it's sunday morning. I don't think Charlotte slept in but I stayed in bed with her for a long time. And was 5:10am when we came down. And she went to bed WAY later last night! I was like, come on!! SLEEP child. SLEEEEEEP. Well, it's sunday here. Church is at 11am. I think we'll definitely make it in time. ha ha ha.

3 comments:

Grannie said...

Wow, you all had a feast!! Dad and I were wondering if you did anything on the 4th, but sounds like you had a great meal!

Jen said...

LOL! I love that you said you'd make it on time to church. too funny. I'm glad Charlotte's sleeping a minute longer each day. Hopefully, it's an hour longer tomorrow!! It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th and the BBQ sounds delicious! I can't believe Charlotte eats steak. Can she get Kya to do the same?!? You were missing the Kumara though. . . YUMMY!

Jen said...

Okay and can I add? PICTURE PICTURES PICTURES! Hello, you are in NEW ZEALAND!! I need to see some pictures!! I wanna be there so bad!