Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kate Marie Ardern

Kate just after her first bath.


Yep, we've decided on a name!! Kate Marie Ardern. I love it and I think it's strong yet feminine. I've got a couple of friends with their daughters named Kaitlyn/Katelynn and I hope they're not upset we took Kate but they've just inspired us is all. We have loved the name Kate for years and well, it's really the name that both of us had at the top of our list for the baby.

Some of the names we were thinking of: (Wade's choices) Aubrey or Audrey, Ashley, Kate, (my choices) Emma, Sophia, Kate and Maeve (which I thought was pronounced May-vee but it's Mave like Dave...)

Yeah so this is the one we both loved and cared about the most. She's a beautiful little thing and loves to make little whimper noises. Wade thinks she sounds like a puppy. At least she's not barking! woof woof.

We are home tomorrow. yay! I can't wait. We haven't taken too many new pictures today. More will come soon, I promise!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

very nice name choice, has a nice ring to it. Although be warned I will only send her cards etc that say Kate MAREE and insist her parents spelt it wrong ha ha ha ha Cute photo too : ) Wish i could have a hold. Look foward to more photos over the next week or so : )

Dionne said...

I love that name! Great choice!

Rachel said...

i love that name! :) one of my good friends in Oregon from hospital is KATE, not short for anything. That is sooo cute!!

Lora said...

I love the name Kate. She is beautiful Jess! congratulations!!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Congrats again Jess, she is a little doll!

Brittani said...

Kate is beautiful!! Congratulations!

Wendi said...

I"m so excited for you guys.

Jen said...

I LOVE her name!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm so happy Wade is getting a good amount of time off and then your mom is coming! PERFECT!!! Love you guys and Congrats! She's beautiful!!

Jenn said...

Yay, congrats again! Love that name, and you gotta love those hapa babies :)

David and Amy said...

She is beautiful and so is her name! Congratulations!