Saturday, April 24, 2010

D-day

Or should I say B-day....ha ha ha ha. jk. Alright!!! LOOK! That baby thingy says 0!!! YEAH!!! FINALLY the day has come and I can see this little one and give her cuddles instead of her beating me up. I feel kind of bad because she's just enjoying life all snuggly and warm and then it's rip me out of mom and poke me and make me feel unhappy. But don't you worry, mom and dad's snuggles are going to comfort her.

It's 5:43 am and I've been up since about 3:20. I haven't been able to sleep very well these last two nights and I can't blame it on the kids either. But this morning, I think I've been starting to feel contractions...early labor ones. I couldn't believe it. I guess this is the day no matter what. Well, actually I have no idea. I've never felt them before so this could go on for days. I don't like them. And all I know is that they're going to get even worse. Again, all you natural birth mommies out there I don't know how you do it. I seriously think you are amazing and really admire what you go through. Even though that's not what I choose to do I seriously think you are strong, wonderful women. With that in mind, I'm already ready for my epidural. Lol. he he.

I'm just worried about Charlotte and Jack. I know they'll be fine and when everyone tells us they're fine when we check up on them it's a relief but it's just the mom in me constantly worried. Are they happy? Sad? Scared? Hungry? Tired? I'm going to miss them like crazy and can't wait to be home with all four of them on Monday.

Jack was really clingy last night. Had to hold him and take care of him and even though it was a bit tough I secretly loved it because it was just these last few cuddles with just him as my little baby. Charlotte's been a bit of a naughty girl but I think it's just a normal reaction to what's happening. I know she doesn't mean to ignore me...I hope. ha ha. But she really is excited for the baby and I can't wait for her and for Jack to hold this little one.

I'm so thankful Wade is going to be right next to me this whole way through. I couldn't imagine doing this all alone in any circumstance and I love Wade so much. He is my best friend and I couldn't think of any one else to be married to.

So, now it's 5:54 and Wade is downstairs about to call in for a time. Wish us luck! Happy epidural time is coming (knock on wood!! ha ha) and soon this little girl will be here and you can all say hello to Habiba Shaniqua Squishy Ardern.

No comments: