Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy oldness Birthday to me!!

I just turned 32 yesterday. 32. That's 8 years closer to 40. What the heck? he he. Wade made me feel so special. It was a great day and I loved it. Wade had to run off to work but for breakfast we had croissants with tomato, ham and cheese. Jack ate his and Charlotte had two bites (go figure!) Our friends, the Tippets, were here so I got to enjoy the whole day with them too!

I met up with Wade for lunch and had Quiznos. YUMMY. But I didn't get big sandwiches because we headed to Olive Garden for dinner. I was selfish and Wade got a babysitter for us and the Tippets. I can't tell you what a peaceful thing it is to eat dinner without kids crying or tugging at you!!! Eh, Jen?!! We came home and had some cake and ice cream and watched an episode of Poirot on KBYU. he he.

I had two friends stop by...Nicki brought over the bomb diggity cinnamon rolls and jam and fresh bread and Lacy brought over some gorgeous orange Gerbera Daisies. I received a book, chocolates and a NZ bag from my in-laws, money from my mom and dad, some bath scrub and brush from Jen and Gary (naughty....we aren't supposed to give each other gifts!! ahem!!) and a bouquet of tulips from each of the kids, salad spinner, new backing to my phone (it's hot pink!!) and a crepe maker. Oh yeah, baby. I've got some batter ready to go right now too!! Mmmmmm...
I loved my birthday. Simple but perfect.

I think I have issues with me getting "older". Seriously. Well, I have to admit it's not as bad as turning 30 and I didn't think much of it. But I'm older and I don't like it. I hope I just don't look old....But I love this picture of Jack. I also find it more exciting to have the kids help open my gifts. They love it so much. I just love seeing their happy faces even though what they open is MINE. he he. jk. I share...really I do...:)

Charlotte opening a present to me from Ma!

Yeah, this is the only pregnant body shot you'll get of me. Ugh. I hate having my picture taken when I feel like poo.

mmmmmmm......

I know...She tried SO hard to smile for me. I just love it!! I don't care if her eyes are closed :)

The Tippets visited their brother in Logan and stayed the night before my birthday at our house so they could spend the day with me. Awww. Awesome friends! not trying to be rude, but I wasn't planning on anyone to come and share the day cause I just thought that an hour and half from our friends the Tippets and the Wyatts is a bit far just to have cake and ice cream. (I should have given the Wyatts an invite but I was retarded and didn't. It wasn't on purpose. It's just too far to come...) but the spur of the moment opportunity was exciting! So thanks for coming Tippets!! They watched Jack for me so I could have a mini lunch date with Wade. Jen even got Jack to take a nap! I swear he loves her more than me....awww...But Charlotte and Jack had THE best time with Brennon and Kya. They really really did. They still talk about Kya and Brennon!! Thank you for coming!!!! You guys are awesome!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I am not looking forward to my 30th. not at all. sounds so old. Jack looks like Wade. Your birthday sounds yum.

Jenn said...

Jess, I still remember you as 18 at girls camp yelling across the field our names in weird accents ;)

Happy Birthday to you! p.s. you don't look old! I have all sorts of wrinkles around my eyes I won't even go into but hey, you've got some serious spunk!! and you are beautiful pregnant!!! Best of luck with your last 10 days! Cheeee-hooo!! p.p.s when are you coming to Hawaii to visit me??!

Jen said...

Jess! We had the best time! Thanks for letting us come last minute. You guys are the best hosts/friends in the world! I hope your birthday was fabulous! We loved celebrating with you!