Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm still here! I'm posting again...WOW

ha ha ha. Jk. 8 MORE DAYS!!!!


I went to the dr. yesterday. Drum roll please....................STILL THE SAME. Wait wait wait....let's quote the dr. "No change since last week." Hmmm, he's said this every time!! What?! Is it really that possible?? Yes, yes it is. It's me. Oh well....I feel like the end of April is more sunny anyway. Although these last 3 days have been perfect. So it better stay that way when the baby comes!! The dr said that anything IS possible in the biological world. Yeah, I know. He's just trying to make me feel better. Sniff. I said, well, we'll see you next week. He said no no, it's we'll probably see you next week. What an optimist! ha ha ha ha. jk. That's alright.


So, it probably will turn out to be another induction (not like I really have a problem with it at all) it's just that picking the date for a baby to born. Right now, it's in the air. It's the unknown...kind of exciting letting fate (well, Heavenly Father really :) dictate the birthday. But if I have to pick a date it's going to be hard. It was like this with Jack. But we had our reasons to do it the 23rd of July that helped us and once things started along with having him, it seemed perfect.

But it's the before that's the unsure thing for me. Is it right?? Is it better? I asked the Dr. if they do inductions on Saturdays and he said they do sometimes. And at first May 1st sounded so perfect. But the Dr. isn't on call that weekend :( But he is NEXT weekend, April 24th. So, with Wade being able to get 5 days off of work for the baby, we're thinking, what if we do it on the Saturday that way he has the sat/sun off, takes off the whole next week, and then still has 2 more days. That's 9 WHOLE days together as a family!!! Plus it seems kind of fun to be induced ON your due date. But then I wanted to go as long as I could until they tell me I need to be induced. They don't let you go a week overdue up in Logan so the latest I would have this baby is May 1st (I know, THE perfect sounding day...). But since Doc isn't going to be here I was thinking IF I can't be scheduled on April 24th, I might just do it on that following Friday, April 30th. That way we can still have 2 days on the weekend with Wade plus he only has to go into work for one day the following week and then the weekend rolls around...Decision decisions!

I know, we'll figure out the best time/day. But I'm just SO excited for this baby to get here. I'm SO excited for Charlotte to baby this baby. She did so well with Jack but now she's older and she's just really understanding things. Jack on the other hand...he probably thinks I'm a crazy horse telling me that the tummy is NOT a baby. They don't look the same.

Oh well. I'll make sure to keep you all updated since what else is there to do?? I'm almost ready. We need to buy Newborn diapers, I need a cute new diaper bag (don't feel like making one this time although I can't find one I like), I want to make a cozy blanket and everything else is just ready. I think. Sigh. But the time is getting closer! Yippee :)

I'll leave you with some pics of the kids : )


So, Charlotte lets you take pictures of her now and it's funny though. When you tell her to smile she does this fake, scrunch up your nose smile. I love it!!! Makes me smile! ha ha. You can see it in both pics!!



This kid LOVES broccoli and cheese sauce. Literally. He pounded this stuff back. He turns his nose up at yummy desserts etc but LOVES to eat veggies!!! Crazy kid!

P.S. Crystal, I think it's pure torture to let a woman go 16 days overdue...I sure felt it at 12 days!! poor girl...

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Yikes that does sound like a hard decision. On one hand it is super nice having a day picked out so you can having everything ready to go and prepared but I can see why that is such a hard decision to make. That would be great to have Wade around for whole days I only had Eric for 4 and it was hard getting back into real life that quickly. Good luck Jess, I am sure you will pick perfectly and it will feel right whenever it is.

Melodie said...

You mean the earthquake didn't inspire her to want to come into this world. Weird! The pictures of the kids totally crack me up. Very cute

Jen said...

You have the cutest kids!! That is so awesome that Jack eats broccoli like that! Maybe the secret is in the sauce? ;) haha! Anyways, I think you should go for the 24th! That seems like the best day. Your doctor will for sure be there, you'll have Wade home for 9 days! Hooray! I love it! May 1st would be awesome too though! I just can't wait!

David and Amy said...

We are thinking of you and your cute family. We can't wait to see pictures of this little one when she makes her debut! Keep us posted! :)

Jay and Emily said...

Wow! That is a lot of pressure to pick the due date. May 1st does sound perfect. :) Adorable kids! I love that Jack loves broccoli so much! Best of luck!