Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hardware Ranch

I didn't realize how close I was to the horse. All of a sudden there's this huge horse breathing and making noises down my neck. I jumped. And high-tailed it out of there. I was told by someone when I was little that if you get too close to a horse, it'll bite your hand off. It probably isn't true but I didn't want to risk it.

Do you feel a draft, Bill?

Jack was there...just in the carseat on the floor of the sleigh.





Olivia, Becky, Davis and Hitler...er Chandler. (Chandler got a bloody nose and he looked like hitler. It was so funny.)

My sister and her husband and kids came out for Christmas. We had such a fantastic time! Jason came out on Christmas Eve because he had to do some work but I was able to enjoy Becky and the kids a few days before he came out. We headed out on Monday for a place called Hardware Ranch. We took a sleigh ride around some elk (we told the kids it was reindeer he he). Didn't expect it to be like a little sleigh ride that went in 3 circles and a huge lecture on Elk. It was pretty intense going there too. A huge snow storm happened on our way there (took 45 min. which is normally a 15 min. drive) and there wasn't a good spot to turn around. It was actually scary but we made it to and from safely and had a fun, crazy memory to remember!

2 comments:

Grannie said...

I have never heard of Hardware Ranch, but it looked fun! Glad the kids could get together with their Utah cousins, too! That is funny about the horse! That would have scared me, too!

Crystal said...

all that snow looks like fun. i have only seen snow about 4 or 5 times ever.