Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Charlotte.

So, I set out the presents the night before her birthday. And I forgot to keep her from seeing it when we left to Layton so when we were just about to head out the door, she found them and she was sooooooooo excited to see the bike (trike) we got for her. She was so excited. But wanted our permission to go look at the bike. It was almost like Christmas morning. So cute!

We opened presents when we got home and then headed out to McDonald's to go have a picnic at a lake. We brought some stale bread to feed the ducks...but they were lame. No pun intended. They wouldn't even come and eat it. So disappointing! But it was still fun.


Then we headed to Sam's Club (her favorite store in the world) and Walmart for last minute things before Sunday and then went onto the Fall Festival/Halloween party for our Ward. She had a blast! We brought the walker in for her to cruise around. She loved it. She ended up playing in a kids pool full of duckies (you pick a duck that has a number on it and then get a prize). She was SOAKING wet. But it was fun for her. Wade went home and got her some new clothes. But I have to add that I was the winner for the soup contest! It was called Baked Potato Soup (wade said to call it Loaded Baked Potato Soup!). Cool!




After the Fall Festival, we came home and enjoyed some birthday cake and ice cream! We then headed downstairs to watch a movie with Charlotte but she was so tired that we put her to bed a little bit after that. It was a great day for Charlotte.


Charlotte kept licking the cake. It was so funny! She even put her finger in the flame...of course that was stopped immediately. And the cake writing....I'm SO bad at that! it's off center, etc. but oh well. It was fun to make for her.

Jack enjoying all the fun cake time too!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Great cake! I bet you made it too! I think that I have to move to Logan so I can be just like you and become my crafty self... :) Wow! Three years old! Oscar just turned four on Friday! Nuts...time flies! Well...hope to see you soon! -Kendra and Tori

David and Amy said...

I love the cake, you are so talented. The colors are really cute! Tell Charlotte Happy Birthday from us! She is so cute riding her trike.

Jen said...

What a really fun day!!! I loved the lame duck comment. That cracked me up! That cake is amazing Jess, you do such a great job!! I love all the pictures and the fun you had. I can't wait to make that soup. Looks like it truly was the best!! Oh and the last picture of Jack next to the doll in it's seat had me giggling! So cute!