Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kate's baby blessing. July 4th 2010.

I made's Kate dress for her blessing day. It was such a wonderful day. It really felt so special getting her gussied up to be blessed by Wade. I'm so thankful he honors his Priesthood and is able to do this for my children. He has an eloquence when he speaks and can truly feel the spirit. There are amazing blessings ahead for Kate. I hope I am able to teach her and help her develop a testimony of her own so she can fulfill all that was said this day.

Sorry my camera is a piece of poo. I hate these dark indoor pictures. My friend, Jen, has a super duper camera and can't wait to get the pictures she took of Kate too. hint hint. he he. I will post them when I get them. Cause they're just WAAAY better.


So yeah, this was the best picture. I love Charlotte's fake smile and Jack's gasp. What's going on Jack? Kate was getting so fussy so I had to swaddle her in the pink blanket for these pictures too.

She looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress. I dressed her up in the headband my Aunt Jean gave her. It matched so well. And I put on Charlotte's blessing shoes and bracelet (from my friend Jen!) that she wore. So special.

My mom and Dad were able to come out for the blessing. I was so honored to have my Dad up there with Wade. My kids just love their grandpa!


After the blessing, tradition is to go home and celebrate and eat! That's my kind of tradition :) Wade and I made all the food. I don't have a good picture because I was frantically trying to get everything put out, etc. I'm so thankful for my family and friends coming to my rescue and helping me!! So grateful for them!!

This was the savory section. The yummy treats were on the table!! I will post pictures of the food too if I get some better ones!!

Savory foods (just for journal sake) We had Chicken Salad Croissants, Build your own ham, cheese and tomato croissants, mini quiches, Maori bread, veggies and dip, cheeseball and crackers.
Sweet foods: Pineapple Lumps (in the NZ shaped dish. So appropriate!! ha ha) Peanut Butter Shortbread cookies (thank you Tracy!), Mini Lemon Merengue Pies (thank you Lian for the recipe!) mini cheesecakes (from Sams Club).

I don't have a picture of Aunty Judith and Aunty Tracy! I'm so sorry. Thank you for brining your delicious goodies...I think Tracy needs to add her recipe to the family recipe blog!!!


My friends who came! Doug, Gary and Mel. Love you guys. So glad you came!


My beautiful sister, Rachel.

Our surrogate grandparents, The Midgleys. We love them so much. They live in Provo...so far away I think!

My closest friend, Jen. Well, I should say best friend!! I love her so much. She is SO good to me and Wade and the kids. They live in Spanish Fork practically next door to both of our good friends, Doug and Mel. There's a house next to us and across from us that's for sale. I think they need to buy those houses just because I want them too!! okay? OKAY! You are too far away!!

Jen's gorgeous little girl, Kya. She was so good to Kate. I think Kya needs another younger sibling...k Jen? k.

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh my goodness what a little princess, Jess she looks so beautiful. I can't believe you made her dress, well I can because you are wonder woman but wow how truly special, something she will treasure I am sure. I am so glad it was a wonderful day. That little one is just so darling, I loved seeing her today and you of course. You have the most wonderful little family....

Anonymous said...

What a special day! Thank you for sharing!

Crystal said...

looks like a great day, wish we could have been there.

Wendi said...

Kate really does look SO Adorable!

Jay and Emily said...

You have a beautiful family! I love Kate's dress.

Rebecca said...

Dress is gorgeous!! So impressed. Wish we could have been there. Fun to see a picture of Rachel!

kat said...

She is such a gorgeous little babe! I love her dress. You are so talented. Such a cute family!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Jessica, what a wonderful day. I truly wish I could have been there. You look SO beautiful :) LOVE LOVE LOVE your sweet family.

David and Amy said...

Kate is beautiful, I love her dress. Oh, and your food spread sounds fantastic and like a lot of work, you and Wade are amazing!

Jen said...

OH SICK! That picture is horrid of me, but I will let it be b/c you said such incredibly nice things about me! I love you! That last pic of Kate and Kya is ADORABLE!