Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kate's 2 month visit.

(I know it's a ginormous bow...just testing it out on her :)


Kate!
Had her shots yesterday :( So sad. I've never heard one of my babies cry so hard and awful before. I almost burst into tears. I usually do that every time anyway but there was something about her cry this time. It's so painful (no pun intended!! ha ha) to watch your child go through something that hurts them even though you know it's better to have 10 secs of pain than the actual sickness or disease it causes. Doesn't make the experience easier though. ugh. But she's on the mend. Just has tender legs.

She weighs 11 lbs 8oz -- 65% on the growth chart
She's 22 inches long--48%

She is getting over her thrush which has made her so grumpy and fussy for literally the last 7 weeks or so. Silly me, I thought it was milk since I couldn't see anything on her cheeks/gums. But Wade did abt 2 weeks ago (when we rushed into the dr and got medicine). She still has it a little bit but it's not like it was. I made her suffer for so long and it makes me sick thinking about it. She's become so much more pleasant and happy. She's still a fussy little one but not like she was. Almost a complete 180 in happiness!

She eats more consistently now but gets so upset from a bubble (or thrush??) that she can't calm down again and I have to give her a bottle. But I'm trying my hardest to keep nursing her.

She just SMILES and smiles and smiles when you play with her. She is cooing and turning towards you when you speak.

We just moved Jack to another crib (he doesn't know how to climb out still!! No one show him! ha ha) and I got out all the bedding I made for Charlotte out, the canopy and decorated (almost) her side of the nursery. It looks beautiful. I feel like some of the bedding I made is ugly/old but all together it looks nice. So I'm excited to have her in her girly crib.

She LOVES her mobile. They're her friends and she just watches them go round and round. I am able to get her to sleep by reswaddling her and winding up that mobile a few times to settle her down. I love it!!

Still LOVES the swing and loves the bouncer. Its been a miracle for us.

She is so much fun and we love her so much. Charlotte changes her diaper when she can and Jack and Charlotte love holding her. They are wonderful to her.

9 comments:

Dinky Di said...

Such a gorgeous photo. I used to feed my kids while they were having their shots. By the time they stopped sucking to react, it was over and then they went back to nursing.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Jess poor little Kate Luke had thrush as an infant and I had no idea either. I just took him in for an appointment for an ear infection and the doctor said "oh are you here about his thrush". I felt like the biggest idiot, not to mention I had no idea what thrush was. I just read your friends comment about feeding them a bottle while getting shots, that is a genius idea I will have to do that. Sweet picture of the little cutie, and the one of Charlotte below I can't believe it has been a year. Love that sweet girl! Well I just love all of your kids!!

Crystal said...

oh look at those cute chubby cheeks!!

Wendi said...

3 kids sounds hard. She has such an adorable face. She really is cute.

Melodie said...

She's such a beautiful girl! I'm glad things are going well for your family.

Jay and Emily said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Poor thing! I am glad you guys figured out what was bothering her and that she is being better for you guys!

Erica said...

My goodness, what a beautiful baby!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I LOVE KATE!! :)

Jen said...

How I love Kate!! She is seriously so adorable!!