Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hearing age of 12months.


Well, it's been exactly one year ago today (well, June 29th....didn't finish this post) that we turned Charlotte's implant on for the first time. We didn't receive quite the reaction we were hoping for...in fact we thought her implant failed. But it wasn't the case at all. She just didn't recognize the sounds coming through the implant. We are so proud of and happy for her. We just love her. She's got such a fun, cute personality. Things were/are hard at times but I wouldn't trade anything in the world about Charlotte. I think it's definitely made her who she is and I can't imagine her any other way. If you're on Facebook, I uploaded a video about the day she was "turned on". It's amazing how this journey has progressed. Heavenly Father sure looks out for all of us even if it's not what we planned :)

4 comments:

David and Amy said...

Wow, it's already been a year?!! I watched the video on facebook, it is so sweet. Charlotte is so cute and such a great example of determination!

Grannie said...

Yep, Amy, I agree with your comment about her determination!! I can't wait to see her tomorrow!! and the two other ones, of course! I am happy Kate is doing better, too... she is so cute! Can't wait for grandpa to see the kids!!

Crystal said...

a whole year. That means it's been a year since you arrived in NZ too. I watched your vid on FB, very cool.

Jen said...

She will truly move mountains!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlotte!