Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day


These are the pictures used in the little project I did (if you can't tell, the kids have spelled out DAD). I turned these to black and white too, and did a focal b/w on Kate's flower in her hair. Wade was so excited and I think it turned out really cute too. Every year I can update the pictures too!!


(Jack is standing next to his toy lawnmower in case you were wondering)



Father's Day was good! I made German pancakes and hash browns for breakfast, wade and the kids had a root beer floats for lunch and we had steak, scalloped kumara/potatoes and peas for dinner. He got two AWESOME ties, a hand held cheese grater, this project i did and then a dvd...but I couldn't find the dvd in stores so he has to order Nacho Libre. Jack Black is stinkin' hilarious!! ha ha. It was a nice day spent together. I hope Wade enjoyed his day. :) He is an incredible father and I'm so thankful and blessed to be married to him. He loves the kids so much and they love him so much too. I love my special little family.


And Happy Father's Day to my Dad! I've got one heck of a Dad. I love him so much and am so thankful he's mine. He taught me so many things and I am who I am today because of him and my mother. And I will be forever grateful for being raised in the gospel and having a father who was righteous. I'm thankful for all those father's blessings he gave. I'm so lucky to have him! And I get to see him July 1st! He and my mom are coming out for Kate's blessing and I'm so excited!! WOO HOO!!! Oh and sorry about the ghetto picture. I can't find a picture of just my Dad! So here we are in Christmas 1993.



New Zealand has their Father's Day the first Sunday in September but I really do have the best Father in Law! He's such a wonderful person!! :) He's so kind and loving and quite funny too! I remember when he came out for our wedding and we were at Olive Garden. He didn't know what to order so he asked the tables around us what they were eating. But he was so charming and funny that it was just a hoot to watch. I'm so blessed to have him as my father in law.

8 comments:

Kimberley Farthing said...

I love love love!! your photos jess, the final product is awesome!! and your kiddies are so ridiculously cute

Grannie said...

I love what you did for WAde!! and for the tribute to dad, too!
How do you do those pictures crooked? I assume you take them normally and rotate them slightly. I love them!

The Hague's said...

What a beautiful gift Jess...You two have some pretty good looking kiddos! I am sure that Wade is so proud of it..good job.

P.S I miss our little chats at toddler group

Jenny Axford Cook said...

What a great idea for a Father's Day gift. I can see why he loved it! Good work Jess!!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love it! Really you have such beautiful children, those are such precious pictures of each of them. I love love love how you did black and white except for Kate's bow, so cute.

Lora said...

So Cute Jess. What a great keepsake, and an easy thing to update every year! Nice job!!!

Anonymous said...

If there were a daughter-in-law day you would be my favourite daughter-in-law Jessica. Thank you for your kind comments and for looking after Wade and my grandchildren. There are a lot of days we wish we lived a little closer.

Dad #2

Crystal said...

I am digging that frame, it is really cool. Great pics of the kids too.