Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Day....Warning: LONG POST

CHRISTMAS 2008

The Parkin kids! Olivia, Davis and Chandler.
Um, so is this where Chandler gets his eyebrow raising photo poses?
What's Christmas without the official ugly Christmas pictures?
Charlotte got this from us for Christmas. She loves putting everything in the nooks and crannies that this kitchen has to offer! Hours of fun for her.
The other main present she got was this doll set. 30 pieces for 35 dollars! We bought this and the kitchen for a great deal before her birthday...split the doll set between birthday and Christmas too. But she doesn't know the difference. She just loves it.

She looks so dang cute with this expression on her face.
Jack's blanket I made had extra material left over. I just made a scarf for Charlotte.
My friend, Kendra, made a Taggy blanket for her baby for Christmas and she inspired me to do the same! I had all the supplies at home too so it didn't cost anything! I'm so domestic! lol.

We didn't even realize there was a bow on the floor when we took this picture but it still makes Jack look cute.

Cuddles from Charlotte.

Wade gave me a tripod as a gift to me to use for our camera because I want to get better at taking photos and also this wonderful gift. This is me sitting on the edge of Cape Reinga. This is where the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean meet. It's an incredible place. This is a spiritual place for the Maori too. If I write about it, I'm sure I'm going to get my facts wrong so I'll leave that to Crystal or Wade to comment on.

I made this gift for Wade (along with a blanket). It is the same type of process/construction as I did with Jack and Charlotte's names in their rooms. But instead of letters, I put pictures on it. All taken by me (although the one of Jack was printed wrong...I didn't cut his head off! I'll replace it with a better photo print) and of course the handprints/footprints were hard to do. Charlotte enjoyed squishing her hands in the paint and printing a baby's foot by yourself is hard too. But overall, I love it...even with all the flaws.

Better look at the Taggy blanket I made Jack.

Charlotte's blanket that I made.
Jack's blanket that I made.

Chandler with his new football. Had to add this photo cause his pose was so cute!

Chandler had a serious infection this year. It is life threatening and so sore and painful. It's called MRSA (I think...pronounced mersa). He got this magna-doodle for Christmas and then all of a sudden he tells us, I hate MRSA...and shows us what he had written. Although so sad he went through it, it was so dang funny! Chandler says the cutest things...I'll have to tell you more about what he said later.

I wanted a really nice table setting for the Christmas dinner. I don't have a lot of table cloths but thought for the spur of the moment setting it came out pretty good.

I finally broke open our fine china! It was awesome.

Christmas dinner was dang good. We had ham, broccoli salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, nice lettuce salad, stuffing and homemade rolls. For dessert we had razzleberry pie and icecream and cheesecake! Wade made most of the dinner. I only made the broccoli salad and rolls. I kept trying to help and make more but Wade kept telling me it was all under control!

Wade did such a great job for dinner. He is such a fantastic cook. Thank you, Wade!

We had a wonderful Christmas. We are so glad we had family around to celebrate it as well. Even though we didn't have a lot of money to spend on each other, the gifts Wade and I gave each other were the best ever. And I will always remember how I felt. I think from now on we will put an emphasis on homemade gifts for each other and the kids because they really do come from the heart.

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

You are quite the domestic little lady. What great blankets, they turned out so cute. I remember one year my mom made me a blanket for Christmas I still use it to this day, it's been my favorite. Your table looks so great too, I am way impressed you have fine china and use it. It looks like a great holiday for you guys how wonderful your sister was here and able to spend Christmas with your family.

Jen said...

Jess, you truly are one domesticated woman! You're awesome! I loved this post!! I agree, I love the homemade gifts! They truly mean the most!

Christy Jones said...

I love your homemade blankets!! So very adorable. Your family is so cute, It was fun to see a picture of Becky and her kids. Have a great new year.

Jay and Emily said...

I love that you guys made each other a lot of the gifts! It looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas. I really want to come and see your house. You are so creative, maybe you could teach me how to make something. That is so good of Wade to do most of the dinner. Merry Christmas!