Sunday, January 18, 2009

Charlotte's first day of Preschool.

All happy at home before we went to Preschool....

The tears started LONG before I even said goodbye.

I felt so bad. Look at this face.

This was when she said goodbye...before she started to run after me.


Friday was Charlotte's first day of preschool. Last year Sound Beginnings let the kids who turned 3 from the toddler group start going to Preschool on the days they were not in Toddler group. So I just assumed when Charlotte turned 3 that this would also happen. It didn't. Things are a bit different now. The teachers are all new and it's become quite an improved program. So we were confused at what was to happen. They said they wanted to see how Charlotte was at the end of the semester (in December) and then re-evaluate everything. They suggested Charlotte come on Fridays. We thought that was a great compromise. Starting in the Fall of 2009, she will start Preschool everyday. But for now it will just be on Fridays. So this Friday was the first day. She went from 8:30am-12 noon. Once I got out of the car and left Wade and Jack in there (it was a teacher only day on Friday for him) she knew something was up. As soon as she got into the classroom which is the same as her toddler group classroom, she was in tears. She didn't like what was going on but I was able to sit her down. And after a few minutes of crying she said goodbye. So I walked to the door and I turned to wave and she then stood up from the chair in tears and wailing and came running to me. It was so hard to leave her. I fought back tears and knew she was going to be okay. The teacher, Miss Natalie, was able to walk her back to the table and I waited a little and she turned around and ran right back to me. I had to leave. It was the best thing for her but I was worried the whole time. It was weird just having me and Jack around. I went to Walmart to pick up a few things after dropping Wade off at school. Then I went home, fed Jack, cleaned the house. I was bored! It was crazy. And then I went early to pick up Charlotte. I waited outside the classroom until she was just about done. And as soon as I went in, she was all smiles. Natalie said she only cried a few min. after I left and then was fine...had a few moments once in awhile but overall was okay. She said when they went to P.E., she walked without her walker the length of the gym twice...well Natalie said she was running. I thought that was great. Then they got together with the older Sound Beginnings preschool class (4 and 5 yr olds.) and when they walk together, each of them hold a ring that's connected by some sort of rope. Well, they put the rings on Charlotte's walker and they pulled Charlotte in her walker. She had her legs lifted when they did this. Apparently it was awesome. he he. But yeah, that was her first day. Hard at first but was overall a good day. I think she'll definitely look forward to going to preschool more and more.

8 comments:

The Hague's said...

That is so cool that she started school! Once she gets the hang of it I'm sure she will love it!

Crystal said...

that was such a sad face. it must have been hard to leave but I guess it is the best thing! sounds like they have good teachers etc.

Eric and Jenny said...

That is the saddest little face, I think I would have been close to tears too. I am so so glad she had fun after you left. I hate to say it but I am dreading the day Luke goes all alone at least you still have Jack. Lance will start Kindergarten that same year, so I will be all alone, I want to cry just thinking about it.

David and Amy said...

Those pictures of Charlotte could melt your heart! It sounds like you both did great with the big change though!

The Chandler Family said...

Oh how great and sad...it's hard when they first go, none of my kids cried (I guess they were happy to see me go :( ) but she'll get the hang of it and you will be able to have some fun time with just you and Jack! Yeah for Charlotte, she is doing soo great...

Jay and Emily said...

Those pictures broke my heart! I can see why it was so hard for you to leave. In the end she had a great time and it sounds like she is going to love it there!

Jen said...

Oh that crying sad face is just too much! That would've been hard for me to leave as well. Good job Jess! I'm glad she did well!

Mrs. Morty said...

Ohh, the sadness, I can't stand it. At least the day ended up being a good day after that. Its so hard to leave your kid sad like that.