Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dish towel apron...sort of




Action shot...and eyes closed! Surprised? I'm not! he he.

Random back shot!


Well, lately I've been really crazy over some do-it-yourself domestic crafts. Hence the homemade Christmas (well...we didn't have a lot of money for Christmas anyway.he he) but I came across an idea on a blog by using a dish towel for a child's apron. Well, of course they are too big for toddlers but anyway I was looking at ALL the stores for cute, INEXPENSIVE dish towels. Majority of the stores had boring, plain colored terry-cloth style towels. I found a cute valentine's dish-towel but you had to buy two for 5.99. RIP OFF. So I went to the fabric store and tried to find fabric similar to the non-terry cloth dish towels instead. Well, because I needed less than a 1/2 a yard it was going to be cheap. But then there were so many options, I couldn't decide on one. Then I saw a leopard print. And then I forgot I had purchased some leopard print in New Zealand 3 years ago! And it was the right stiffness...not necessarily dish towel like material but it was perfect. So I didnt' have to buy anything to make it. I'm so good. he he. So I got to it. It might look dorky but I'm pretty proud of my creation! And Charlotte LOVES wearing it. She looks so cute in it : ) Check out my favorite links for ideas on those blogs. I just came across today "Just a girl". That lady is so stinkin' funny. She's got great ideas too.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it! Got that wild cook feel to it!

The Chandler Family said...

That turned out soo cute. You should check out my sister's friend's blog...it's morganmoore.typepad.com, she has links to tons of crafty sites, she does some cute projects (mostly sewing ones) and lots of great recipes too...

Eric and Jenny said...

That is really cute, makes me wish I had a girl to make cute little crafts for, somehow it's just not the same with boys. I hope you got Charlotte's hearing aid working okay today. I forgot I was going to tell you I thought about scanning some pictures of our wedding day, but then I realized I don't have the scanner, Eric does but I will remember to bring a few one of these days to class for you to see.

Jen said...

Jess! Once again, you should totally make a craft website and sell this stuff! You are amazingly talented!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!