Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy 33rd birthday, Wade!!

Wade turned 33 on May 20th. I can't believe he's so old!!! HA HA HA. Jk. All I know is that next year, that'll be me and I don't like it. It's one year closer to 40 and that's CRAZY. But I'm trying to think that the 30's are the new 20's...Oprah would agree, right? lol.

We went out for lunch to Panda Express. When Wade got off of work, he opened his presents. We gave him 2 dvds : Invictus, and a combo dvd Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile, he got another dutch oven and a lime juicer. Exciting!!! he he. Received some money from my parents which he'll splurge on something tool-like I'm sure and his parents gave him Scrabble...chocolate edition. That's right. And at the end you get to eat all the chocolate!! Well, that's if he wins. I'm going to win, that's for sure. ;) And some beautiful, Kiwiana style house numbers. We're trying to think of the most perfect spot for them. They're really beautiful.


Then we had a yummy homemade dinner! He wanted ribs and so that's what we had. I even ate one. It was pretty good. Jack devoured 2 or 3?? but had a hard time cause the bbq sauce was a tad spicy. He sure is Wade's kid. That's for sure.

And then we had yummy birthday cake and ice cream :)

Mesmerized by the candles...I love Jack's expression!!

This wasn't even a pose for Wade! ha ha. Just fyi, this is the proper stance and expression for blowing out candles. Pinky and all...Better leverage so you can blow out 5 candles.


The kids went to bed waaaay too late for us to watch one of his new movies so we watched one of our favorite t.v. shows that we recorded, the Mentalist. Have you seen it??? I HEART IT!!! It's awesome. (He's an Aussie too...)


It was a simple day. And sometimes I feel bad when his birthday isn't full on exciting, do a lot of stuff but then we were just together as a family. And that is, my friend, the best thing ever.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

a few comments:
1) wade, holy hell your legs look white
2) just noticed jack's mickey plate had ears! so cool
3) i hope you didn't give him a dutch oven jess?! Or are we talking about different dutch ovens?
: ) Thanks for posting - I owe wade a phone call

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I can't believe my Bishop is younger than me!!! Ok, now I feel SO old :( ha ha, just kiddin'

It looks like you had a fabulous day... now I want some ribs!

Nicki said...

I love that you are so worried about getting older. I'm not going to lie I would never think that you two were out of your 20. you guys are to COOL for that. Okay I have a great idea. Scott and Wade should do dutch oven cooking for us one night. Scott loves to do it and I love to watch him. He he thanks again for the treats last night. i love them and that is one thing I can't make. i know I am lame

Jen said...

What a great birthday party! I love the pinky pose! hahaha! And another dutch over? SWEET! I think I see myself visiting VERY soon indeed! :D

Kimberley Farthing said...

Jess that cake looks AMAZING!!!! I so badly want to eat it right now!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Wade, that sounds like a perfect day. I have never seen the mentalist but whenever I see previews for it I always think to myself I think that guy is good looking so maybe I will have to give it a try one of these days.

Dye Family said...

Hope you guys are doing great! Your family looks great and growing big! We love the Mentalist too! Got the dvd season 1. :) Congrats and HI!

Jay and Emily said...

Happy Birthday Wade! I really want to see Invictus. Your dinner sounds delicious. That's hilarious Jack ate so much!