Friday, May 21, 2010

Awwwwww

Jack and Charlotte are SO good to Kate. Loves to give her kisses and hugs and want to hold her all the time.


I tried having a photoshoot with Kate yesterday. Yeah, didn't go too well. This is the best solo picture of her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. Crystal and Lian bought it for Kate. They got it from the Pumpkin Patch. I just love that store. I wish they had it here...I don't even think they have it in America. :( but maybe one day... But even though she's looking to the right, I still think this is a cute picture. She's going bald :( Seriously. Just like Jack! But every time I give her a bath, I just gently wash her hair with my fingers. But oh no! Has to come out. I guess I figured it had a chance of staying since Charlotte's never fell out and thought maybe it was just a boy's thing for hair to come out. So this adorable (thanks Jean!!) headband covers her baldness. he he. She's still gorgeous though.

Here's what Kate is doing now: Eating. She's loving her food! We went to the dr. for her two week visit last week and she gained 1 1/2 lbs. YEP! The dr. was like, well, we're not going to put a 2 week old on a diet but just make sure she's hungry when she's hungry and to distract her with a dummy (binky) or the swing, etc. ha ha ha. I thought that was funny. I'm trying to feed her when she is truly hungry. And I dont' know...she's hungry a lot! And she doesn't care for a dummy but we still try and get her to use it and she's accepting it more. It's just to calm her down if she's not hungry or too fussy. It's not like I want her to become addicted to it. Just want it to be a soothing thing (besides, some experts say it helps prevent SIDS).

But Kate LOVES her swing and bouncer. It's been really hard keeping her asleep once she's fallen asleep in our arms and we put her down. So if all else fails, those little miracle toys are the best. She also loves/hates the carseat. As long as we're moving. Charlotte was like that too. UGH.

She smiled at 15 days. And NO, it's not gas. I think I know when she's smiling with gas. ;) She not only smiled but opened her mouth and stuck her tongue out (well, not like a cat, those smiles that are wide open mouth and the tongue sort of sticks out...). So yeah, she's smiling. It hasn't been consistent but I've been getting her to smile a lot since then. I ROCK.

She is a cuddly baby. LOVES to be held. I think I jinxed myself when I was so upset Jack isn't/wasn't too cuddly. But really, I don't mind. I love it. It's just hard to deal with two kids fighting and your baby wants a snuggle. Good thing Wade's here to help.
She really is a sweet girl.

8 comments:

Grannie said...

Kate smiled at ME when I was there and she was 13 days old... just before I left I know it was a smile, too, and not gas!!!!!

Jen said...

She is seriously so beautiful! I just want to come see her NOW! That outfit has to be the cutest one I have ever seen! Adorable!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love reading all of these sweet little things about Kate, makes me feel like I know her even if I really don't. If's fun to compare her to Katelynn they really have a lot of similarities. Katelynn's hair is falling out in the back too, and she loves to eat all day long too. Drives me kinda crazy at times, but what do you do. I think it's so cute you are getting so many smiles from her, Katelynn ahs only give me a handful so far. I am so sorry you got an infection but so happy your mom was still there with you and she could stay a little longer to help you. Let's get together one of these days!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh and she is just killing me in that outfit, DARLING! What a sweetheart...

Charles and Carrie said...

Your kids are so adorable Jessica! I love those pictures of Kate during her photo shoot. She is a beautiful baby. It was fun to read all of the cute things she does as a 2-week old!

David and Amy said...

Kate is so beautiful and that little outfit is beyond precious!

Crystal said...

cute photos - hey is she going to have blue eyes? Or do all kids have blue eyes at first? and then they change? Puppies don't open their eyes for a while right - I used to get them mixed up : )

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I want an outfit like Kate's for ME! it is SO cute.. I love the look on Jack's face when he is looking down at her.... :)