Friday, February 4, 2011

Kater Gater

Miss Kate had her 9 month appointment yesterday. Didn't need any of the regular immunizations just the 2nd dose of her flu shot. She's a healthy thing and was waving to the Dr!

She now weighs 19lbs 14oz (66 percentile)
Height is about 29 1/4 inches (95 percentile) Still a tall girl! I'm only using 12 month clothes on her. Some 12-18 month sizes. No more baby looking clothes. Sad it's gone by so fast but excited for her to become more independent and she can be happy with where she wants to be.

She has been better at eating at the table. Does not eat baby food. Even the peaches...silly girl! Really enjoys our food...sort of. he he. She had a great appetite for Wade's fettuccine Alfredo. Cream and butter...seriously, who can resist that?! In due time, she'll come to like the yummy stuff we have. Just patience is what we need with that. And you know, I fear I'll have difficulty again like with Charlotte but the dr reassured me what we went through with Charlotte is not a common thing so just to take it easy and offer her the food and she'll eventually like it. I knew that but it's just a nice reassurance too.

She LOVES to wave. And it's so cute. Has four teeth and last night just STARTED to do a weird reach her arm all the way in front of her/inch worm crawl. I was just so happy. She's been "almost" crawling for a few months now. Always on hands and knees but rocking back forth-so what a good girl! She was SO pleasant last night. I'm thinking it's her new way of getting around. So keep it up, Kate!

She is now only having one nap a day but it's about 2-3 hours. Roughly the same time as Jack so I can get a few things done if that happens. She still wakes up in the night but these last few nights, she's had longer stretches of sleeping too. So good things are coming our way!

4 comments:

grannie said...

She is growing up way too fast! What a cutie..

I have THE cutest grandchildren in the world -- all 18 of them! Don't anyone challenge me on that either! :-)

Eric and Jenny said...

Who could say no to Alfredo it's definitely the best! Glad to hear she is eating better, I had forgotten about Charlotte. Of course you would worry, how could you not...

It is so sad how fast these girls are growing up. Seems just barely we were complaining and counting down the days until April. Now I don't want April to come, means they will be one, sad....

Jay and Emily said...

What a cutie! It is so frustrating when they don't eat. Carter has always been a good eater and has stopped. I can barely get him to eat anything. I guess they will eat when they want, right? 9 months has gone so fast. She is getting so big!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Kate is SO cute! :) Just like her Mama.