Monday, January 31, 2011

1-10

Alright. I'm struggling to think of a creative post today so bear with me at my useless creativity.

1- 1 year down as a Bishop's wife on February 14th....

2- I just made these two Valentine topiaries. I think they're sooo cute. I don't have too many Valentine decorations...yet...just like to buy them post-holiday so I can get good deals :) But this little project wasn't el cheapo. ha ha. But sure darn cute. If you wanna make some yourself, go HERE.


3- 3 kids at the table. We just put out the blue toddler/booster seat a few days ago on one of the chairs at our table. And have been giving Kate (trying to) regular food...but ground up because she refuses to have anything to do with baby food.

Speaking of 3 kids. I've been thinking about how much Charlotte had for a head of hair compared to Jack and Kate. And what each looked like at 9 months old (Kate's current age). I didn't remember very well because I was BLOWN away! ha ha. So cute!



Look at that mop!

Um, I only posted this because of the two pig tails!

Kate and her two pigtails. Having fun in Jack's crib too!

Love her boy hair too! And it's still dark :)

4- Kate now has 4 teeth! And about to be put into size 4 diapers. She fits size 3 but she's so tall she ends up having explosions all over her clothes and self.

5- Just bought the girl's cute curtains (pink with sequins and flowers!) on clearance for 5.37 each! And we'll be putting them up for our FHE activity tonight. Woo hoo!

6- 6 cabinets to buy to put in our bookshelves and fireplace project. Want that tax return to come soon so we can get started!

7- Kids are generally in bed or we're on their way to bedtime at 7pm. Well, we TRY to have them to bed at that time. Obviously some days are more crazy than others and can't but generally if nothing is going on then that's the bedtime! It's SOOO nice to have an evening to yourself. And the kids don't wake up too early. Charlotte's awake no earlier than 7-7:15am! (I really hope I didn't just jinx myself...)

8- Jack will start preschool in August (8th month...if I'm not making sense!). Can't believe he'll be that old. We are putting him in an excellent preschool that will pretty much guarantee (also depends on the parent too) he'll be reading before kindergarten. That was one of the biggest things we wanted. Reading is so important. If anyone has tips on how we can accomplish this with Charlotte, I want her to not be behind when she goes to Kindergarten this year.

9- Our 9th anniversary will be on February 9th! Can't believe how time flies.


10- Wade and I were in classes together 10 years ago at BYU. And it will be 10 years since we went on our archaeology dig down in Southern Utah in May/June. Holy moly. That's just incredible to me.

Working hard Wade. Working hard... :)

I'm in there...

8 comments:

Crystal said...

cool post, and very creative I think. I might try and do a post the same!

Anonymous said...

Love your post! I might have to borrow the idea. I can't believe how much hair Charlotte had! I thought Diane's kids had a ton, but holy moly!!

And I can't believe it's been 10 years already! How on earth has time gone by that quickly!? I think I caught myself in your pictures. Yeah, we were definitely not at our hottest. Gag!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I can't believe all of Charlotte's hair, that must have been so fun. Heck I would even take a fourth of Kate's for Katelynn, poor little baldy she has got nothing....

Darling post, very creative, I loved it! Make sure and post pictures of those curtains when they are up.

Kendra said...

Love the post! I can't believe how time flies...oh, which means I guess I better figure out preschool too... YIKES!

Kimberley Farthing said...

wow she did have a mop haha. Im loving this post heaps aswell, i wanna 'borrow' it :D

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Can I just tell you this is the cutest post ever ever!? I wish I thought of it...

I can't believe ALL of Charlotte's hair!

I want you to help me make the topiaries... yours look so cute.

And the archaeology digs... that is too awesome to describe. My kids think it is SO cool that their Bishop studied Archaeology.

Dinky Di said...

It's amazing to look back at your past and see 'the way we were'. I love your photos - they're all growing up too fast.

grannie said...

I love the list of 10 things! Very good idea!

From a former first grade teacher, you have already done the most important thing to help Charlotte with reading and that is you have read to her every day, and she loves books! That's the first step...