Thursday, January 13, 2011

I've got reasons...

I can think of a zillion reasons why I've neglected this blog (and my house, and my kids and Wade...):
1. The holidays.
2. The holidays.
3. The projects to finish before the holidays.
4. The holidays.


Ha ha. It's true. The holidays have been crazy. Not like crazy psycho crazy but crazy busy crazy.

There were the holiday neighbor gifts...

(I totally stole this picture off of the internet. We had a cuter card)

There were the cards to send out...

There was Charlotte's School Christmas program... (p.s. my camera wasn't charged.)

I was late to her program by a few minutes (dropping off Jack and Kate at a babysitters). When I sat down, Charlotte was doing one of her first numbers. They were ringing bells. It was so cute but this annoying child, named Dakota, kept bothering her. They were all sitting on stage and he just kept scooting next to her. She had tears running down her face. She was elbowing him constantly. But the stupid kid wouldn't stop. I went down to show her I was there and that things were okay. I wanted to stop the kid but at the same time felt the parents (who might I add, are thick rednecks) should've done something about it. I'm sure they thought it was hilarious, along with others. But for me, my heart was breaking.

After the dance finished, I followed her backstage. I noticed the HUGE bruise on her forehead. They left a message telling me that she had fallen. But this was so big. I think she was still trying to overcome the emotions from that and then stupid Dakota bothering her. Sorry, I'm using language like stupid but I have to. It's how I feel. Anywho. They said she was adament she wanted to stay. They said she said "I want to dance with my friends". And let me tell you. She did. And it was beautiful. The above picture, my wonderful friend Jenny took. Her son is in the program with Charlotte. It made me swell up. I didn't cry, I always fight crying in public. I don't know why. I do. I'm trying to overcome it. I need to let my emotions just happen. I mean, this was where she was:


And this is where she is now
(this picture was on the front page of the Cache Valley Newspaper. )
It was quite an emotional dance. So beautiful.

The theme was to the Polar Express movie. The boys tapped, she did ballet. It was cute and short. And we had a cute Christmas party afterwards.

Ok. And there were the projects to sew for Kate before Christmas...

Her hooded towel.
And her bedskirt and pillows. I wanted her to have her own. My friend, Nicki, did it for her girl and I thought, yeah! I'll just make a cute bedskirt!! Well, it started as that. Then I had to do cute pillows at that.

It might be hard to see but it's dark gray with little black polka dots. Let me tell you how HARD it was to choose fabric. So many colors and options. BLAH. Ha ha. It looks sooo cute in person.


That black pillow I love like crazy. I got the idea off of Kecia (SIL) who bought one. It was easy to make!!

Christmas Shopping. Christmas Eve preparations and Christmas Day dinner. And New years...oh this list is getting long!

And having 3 kids is killing me. Not literally. But organization/time wise. I just can't seem to grasp it. My house has been a pigsty. Kate's been teething and I can't get her to eat. The kids just were so excited for Christmas, they're going bananas and it just keeps going and going.

And now that it's January 13th GASP...It's come down to, trying to grasp the organization thingy, the lose weight thingy, and dealing with the fussy baby who doesn't like the food I give her thingy.

My organizational problem is a little from this: because I wasn't satisfied with Kate's bedskirt and pillows. It needed a sheet. And a blanket. And the bedskirt needed something else. SO because of my decision to add to her bedding 2 weeks ago, I haven't been cleaning well. And it makes me sick. BUT I finished the blanket today. I did the sheet like 8 days ago. AND it looks WONDERFUL. I'm so pleased with myself. And just FYI. SHEETS are so EASY to make!! And you can coordinate them with your bedding!! So, I think I'll make more, more often!




The sheet and pillows :)

Here it is all together. Ignore my storage underneath...haha It looks really awesome in person! Oh and notice the ric rac on the bedskirt? Yeah. It looks better. :)


And then, I had extra fabric. I had a photo board that needed to be repurposed. So Wade and I stapled and glued and redid it. Now it's a bow holder for both the girls. My other one was too small!!

Oh and today, had to do this last thing with all the extra fabric.



My lose weight thingy:
It's been going well. I hate cravings but that's generally my only problem. I don't give in. I've got a long way to go due to all the weight I gained from Kate. So, here I go. We've been doing awesome!! And exercise. I've been enjoying it!! I love Turbo Jam and our new little toy. You know, the thing I promised never would exist in our house. But I realized that video games aren't how they used to be. They involve the whole family. Especially when you laugh at the one doing the hula hoop. Good times. And good exercise!!


And my little missy moo. So fussy. It's been worse. It's been hard. I can't sit. I can't walk away from her. Unless I hold her. It was getting better but once she started teething before Christmas, it was AWFUL. Sleep was hard. Once she got her first tooth (on Christmas day!!) she was amazing. Until like 1 week later. She just popped a second one. So now, she's got one upper and one lower. So cute. And she's still grumpy, so I'm thinking another is on its way.



And this. This is my last project for awhile!! I might not get to it for a little bit. My kids need me. I want to be organized and keep up with blogging. And my house. Oh my house needs me too..
So, I'm going to be posting on Thanksgiving and then Christmas! And then I'll be caught up and regularly update the blog. I've got to be better! It's our family journal. And I DO apologize for not commenting on your blogs. I promise to be better at that too!!

Ruffle Bag Tutorial
If you want to make one too, click here for directions :) And if you do, TELL ME! I wanna see it!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Kate's cot is super cute, I'm very impressed. I don't know how to sew at all. That blanket is very impressive. I kind of wish we had bought a white cot now!

Anonymous said...

I love love love your projects! Super fantastic.

And the experience with Charlotte made me cry a little. Poor girl! I can't believe that the parents of the kid or the teachers didn't step in. I would have, totally. But holy amazing progress!! She's come SO far!!

Ashley, David and Family! said...

Can I just say that:
1)It should make you feel better that it's been MONTHS since I've updated my blog... until yesterday. I think I posted 5 times in 2010. Oops!
2)Charlotte is beautiful!! I love these pics!
3) I hope the teething gets better. Poor Kate. :( Glaiden was a rough teether too.
4)Totally jealous of your sewing skills. I got my first sewing machine for Christmas and although it's just about the only thing I asked for.... I have no idea how to start and I have only pulled it out of the box. It's intimidating to me!

bontovi said...

Hey girl...

You have some MAD sewing skills! I'm IN LOVE with the bedding!!! You seriously ROCKETH!!!! Super momma! Do share the blanket/sheet tutorial... it's awesome!

Much love...

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Jessica, you are the best!!

That picture of Charlotte made me cry. She is so beautiful and I am so proud of her :)

You are so amazing and talented. Kate's bedding is so cute. Where did you get the idea for the pillow? I love it! Please share, I would love to make one... and the purse too.

Good luck with all your goals... sorry about the truffle...:)

Wendi said...

Charlotte has done so amazing! I hate when your kids get hurt and other people brush it off, but really it is a big deal especially to a parent.

All those projects sound really really hard, but are very cute!

David and Amy said...

Charlotte's Christmas program sounds like it was beautiful. I wish that kid's parents would have stepped in when he was bugging Charlotte, that would have made me so mad! :(
Your sewing projects are so beautiful. You've inspired me to keep trying with my sewing, I've got a long way to go to get to your level though! :)

Jay and Emily said...

You are amazing! I love everything you made for Christmas! I feel so bad about what happened to Charlotte. She is such a cute little girl.

The Chandler Family said...

That bedding is so cute. The pillow turned out great, I might have to make one to match London's new bedding....you'll have to tell me how you did it.