Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

Well, since we had our anniversary 5 days prior to Valentine's Day, we didn't go all out for it. I felt like we already had it but I still want to celebrate it. I think we kind of do it as a family thing. So I made french toast that morning and cut out hearts with a cookie cutter (thank you, Crystal) and Charlotte LOVED it. After that, it was an uneventful morning. Just getting ready for church. But I set out the chocolate/candy valentine's I bought for Wade and the kids just before we left. Wade bought me some nice chocolate too. That was fun to eat! Then off to church. It was an emotional day for us. It was a good day though. Our bishopric was released and Wade was called to be the new Bishop. Yeah, crazy huh? It's not a bad thing. It's just a new and overwhelming thing. I'm still in shock about it but yeah. He's 32 too! YOUNG. I know others have been younger but seriously, I still feel like a kid. I can't be grown up now. It's weird looking at him and thinking, you're my Bishop. ha ha. He's just Wade to me. And that's a good thing. But after church, we had 30 min to feed the kids and get them to a babysitter so we could get some orientation training/advice from the stake presidency and their wives. We got home and we put the kids to bed, started our valentine's dinner which was just frozen chicken cordon bleu (nasty) and then had sundaes for dessert. How romantic, huh?! No, it was just a different day for us. It was better than last year's Valentine's Day (Charlotte losing her hearing and the accident) and so I can't complain to much. I just hope next year's Love day is BORING.

9 comments:

Kendra said...

Holy cow! That is nuts! He will do great and you will be a fabulous Bishop's wife...although it was hard just taking care of Tori when Jason was in the Bishopric...I cannot think about doing it now or you with 3 kids! You are a trooper though and you will be blessed! You have an amazing family!!

kat said...

Wow!! You know that the only way a man can be called to be a bishop is if he has an AMAZING wife....so TRUE!! You are awesome and your family is so great!!

Eric and Jenny said...

My heavens Jess, first congratulations Wade! He will make a wonderful bishop, but I can only imagine how overwhelming this must feel right now and you as a bishop's wife...but you are both so awsome I have no doubt this was inspired! Now I can't believe it has been a whole year since Charlotte lost her hearing, to think of all that has happened since and how far she has come, makes me want to cry a little bit. So I can imagine it was a way emotional day for your family.

David and Amy said...

Oh my goodness, I can only imagine the slew of emotions that would come with that calling. Your ward is so lucky to have you and Wade!

Wendi said...

WOW! Who are the counselors?

I'm so glad to that Charlotte has made so much progress in the past year?

Nicki said...

I think that it is weird that he is so normal and a bishop. I thought you had to be a little not normal to be a bishop. Just kidding but I was so happy to hear that it was your husband. If you need help with anything let me know. P.S. I am in need of a play date!

Melodie said...

Wow, definitely an eventful Valentine's Day! I don't know if 'congrats' is the right word (probably not), but that's great!

Jen said...

I'm so proud of Wade! Can I say that without sounding too motherly? Hahaha! It's just so awesome!! You guys are the most amazing couple and family and Heavenly Father knows exactly what he's doing by calling Wade as a bishop. You are going to be such an amazing team and such a source of love, compassion, service and be the examples that others need!

Jay and Emily said...

How exciting (maybe you would use a different word!) that Wade is the bishop! Your Valentines sounds fun. You don't have much longer on your baby counter. I can't wait until your baby is here.