Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summerfest Weekend.

The weekend of the 13th of June we went down to Orem to celebrate Summerfest! We had a delicious bbq, watched a parade and also some fireworks. Then spent the night at another friends house, visited with the Elegantes and Midgleys, stayed the night with Aunty Tracy and then to SLC to drop of something Monday morning. And Wade was able to put in a day's work afterwards. Yeah! It was seriously go go go the minute we drove down but it was a fun getaway. Here are just a few pictures of the weekend.


Jack would NOT give Mama Gil and Papa Joe the time of day! He loved them from a distance. He's starting to become such a daddy's boy.
Charlotte and Mama Gil.
Charlotte was actually pretty good on Papa Joe! She's been more shy since her surgery but she kept calling him Grandpa! It was so cute. We forgot to get pictures with the Midgleys! Oh well. Next time.
They were throwing out these smiley face beach balls in the parade. I was trying so hard to get one for Charlotte cause she was just going crazy for one. But Wade (long story) was able to get one! Dad saves the day!! Oh bythway, we are SO going every year to the parade. MissionaryMall has been participating these last few years and they throw out NOT candy but TIES. YES TIES! And for a seminary teacher it was like throwing out gold! Wade got TWO free ties and then afterwards convinced a kid to sell hers for a dollar. So that's not bad! I thought that was the highlight of the parade. he he.

Kya, Charlotte's friend, dumping grass on her brother, Brennon. I thought it was funny. Charlotte decided she wanted to do it to Jack but I stopped it right away! ha ha.

What's under there Charlotte? The parade is on the street.


My cutie boy! Isn't he adorable??!!

6 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Is Wade a seminary teacher, I don't know how I didn't know that? That looks like a wonderful weekend, I love quick getaways like those! Hey when do you guys leave for New Zealand, it's coming up soon isn't it?

Jessica said...

Jenny! Yes, Wade teaches up at the Smithfield (SkyView High school) seminary! Funny how I never said anything! Just call me crazy. And we leave on Tuesday! Wow. It's coming up fast!!!

Kendra said...

ok...so once I leave Orem you come down for a parade?! so unfair! :) well...we find out what we are having next week (6/30). Don't worry I will post all about it, I promise! And you are going to New Zealand?! Can I tell you how jealous I am? Have so much fun! Send me a postcard!

Crystal said...

i hope you enjoy the sun while you can - the paper said last night they think it is going to be the coldest june on record! It was minus 4.5 celsius last friday. we've had frosts everymorning this week. yeah i know it's not snow, but it's still freakin cold. cute pics of the kids

Wendi said...

Yes Jack is adorable. Ties is pretty cool. We get George and Martha Washington look alikes at our parades.

Jen said...

We had SO much fun having you down!! I love the pic of Kya putting grass in Brennon's hair. LOL! Too funny!! We hope you do come to Summerfest every year! It isn't some big shin-dig, but it's a fun tradition and the ties, yes the ties are AWESOME!