Sunday, June 28, 2009

11 1/2 hours to go...

Okay, this is the second phase of this long process for us! Waiting for Charlotte's implant to be turned on tomorrow morning! So, if you're awake at 9am MST, think of Charlotte! And say one last prayer for her tonight. And if you're on Facebook and are my friend, I'll update often!...well if it's good news you'll know. I might not feel like talking to anyone if it's not : / but it's going to work and it's going to be awesome!
Downtown Hamilton. Notice the ASB Bank? Yeah, that's our bank in NZ! Just FYI. he he.

oh, and another picture just to make you jealous : p
Bay of Islands, New Zealand. This is one of my most favorite places to visit in NZ. In fact, the whole Northland area, including Cape Reinga is my favorite. Well, let's just say that every place is my favorite : )

And on another happy note, we are leaving for NZ on Tuesday evening! YEAH! Wish us luck. It's going to be 26 hours door to door. Unless we die in a plane crash. Or hit on the head from something in the overhead compartment because the front wheel popped and made you have a hard landing (Willie Mays, the OxyClean man died this way). yeah, I have a fear of flying. I can go on and on about it. ha ha. In fact, I'll hyperventilate for the first 2 hours and then I'll be like, will this plane ever land cause it will take FOREVER. Seriously. 13 hours is a stinkin' long time. At least the destination will be worth it!

7 comments:

The Chandler Family said...

We are very anxious to hear the news about Charlotte....and you are brave to take 2 kids on that flight, I guess looking at how beautiful it is, it is worth the flight.

Melodie said...

We can't wait to hear how Charlottle does with the implant. Our thoughts will definitely be with your family.

Crystal said...

funny, i didn't even recognise that top photo at first ha hah a ha. yeah the bay of islands is awesome - did you guys go dolphin watching when you were there? We did and we got to see a whale too. Really excited about seeing you guys on thursday and especially meeting jack. I didn't know you were scared of flying?? I hate flying but just because it's boring. I recommend you stay away from royal tongan airlines.

Anyway onto the most important thing....hope everything is going well with charlotte and she is looking forward to meeting her favourite aunty i.e. ME ha ah ah.

Rachel said...

THinking of you all...Jessica at least its NOT A TINY plane giong to NZ!! member when we went and visited becky and it was ...wow little plane...You'll do fine, and the plane will get you guys there...Precious cargo :) LOVE YA!--rachel

Wendi said...

Good LUck!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh big week for your family. I am not on facebook so update this blog too with any news....I hope all is going well, I am anxious to hear how Charlotte is doing.

Have a wonderful trip, those pictures are to die for, you can bet I am way jealous though not of the flight. I though a 4 hour plane trip from KY to UT was long I don't even want to imagine your flight with two little kids, but it will be worth it for sure!

Jen said...

Oh Jess! You know we love you guys and are here for you if you ever need anything at all we can help with. My heart is aching for you and I just wish I could make it all better! You are all constantly in our thoughts and prayers!!

We wish you the best time in New Zealand!