Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you!

Today is Veteran's day. I am always so overwhelmed with patriotism and love for all who have served our country and all the soldiers around the world who sacrificed for all of our freedoms. I get upset when I hear the tragic stories of soldiers dying for the freedoms we have today and I rejoice when they come back. I am SO thankful for ALL of them. Both of my grandfather's are veterans and my brother, Dave, is too. He served in Iraq from Feb 2007-August 2007. He was a doctor helping the soldiers and Iraqi people. His military career was from when he started in 1997 (I think that's when you started medical school...) until this past May 2010 when he left the military/Walter Reed Medical Center and decided to join civilian life as an anesthesiologist in North Carolina. Oh I just can't tell you HOW proud I am of him and his sacrifice he has made. Especially for his own family. I love my brother and his family so much and am so grateful he is around today. Dave, you rock. I love you! I'm so proud of you. :)

Homecoming!



Dave receiving the Bronze Star Medal, Ibn Sina - 28th Combat Support Hospital, Baghdad, Iraq

3 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that is AWESOME!! I am so grateful for those who sacrifice their lives for our country :) Yeah, Dave! You must be cool if your sister is Jessica!

Crystal said...

cool pics of your brother. Which war(s) did your grandads serve in?

Jessica said...

World War II. One was in the Navy that went to Englad and sailed on the Queen Mary ship and the other was in Central Intelligence Corp/Military intelligence!