Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Charlotte's 5th Birthday!

Well, as you all know from previous post, Charlotte had a fabulous first birthday party on Saturday. So her actual birthday was quite simple but special. First of all, I decided to celebrate by being sick! Food poisoning is my suspicion so I couldn't do anything the night before to prepare and was really disappointed. Wade was amazing and stayed home to take care of the kids so I could regain my energy. Charlotte was sent off to school that morning, which is her favorite thing to do, and Wade went and got donuts and apple juice for the party at her school. Jack was able to go too! He ended up chundering at school. We are convinced he just gagged on his donut (go figure!) and wasn't really sick. Poor Wade! ha ha. Charlotte had the time of her life with Dad and Jack there. She really did feel special.

When she came home from school, presents were opened and played with! We gave her a dvd, shirt, playdough toy, Tinkerbell Plate and a few other things! Ma and Grandpa sent her things (listed under the picture below) and Grandma and Grandpa Chandler gave her a sweater for Christmas and two hats!

Then we made a roast dinner (which was supposed to be sunday's dinner) for Charlotte and then had cake and ice cream. She loved having the Happy Birthday song sung to her. She thinks it's the best thing EVER. And then we watched her new Tinkerbell movie that night. So that's all we did but it was awesome.


Walked in the door and noticed her presents instantly!

She was SO funny! She immediately grabbed the shopping cart, went about 5 feet, turned around and started opening presents.

She would open presents, look at what she got, smile and say something, dump the present on the table and went for the next one. SO cute!

Presents from Ma and Grandpa: Money (she still has to spend it!), stickers and a book.

Reading about the Pukeko :)

I was sick as a dog but wanted Charlotte to have a birthday cake on her birthday. It's really not that great looking but don't look close. I would have done better had I the energy and desire. But Charlotte liked it too!! So that's what mattered. I did my best under the circumstances :)


They love it when someone blows out candles and when they sing Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Not great, Jess your worst cake would still beat my best cake by miles and miles, I think it looks darling!

Kim Allen said...

I can't believe she's 5! I must be missing home in general because I swear I had a dream about going to her birthday party the other night- so random! I love watching her grow up! My husband Dustin couldn't believe how big she is either- he was so good at helping me babysit for those parent meetings we had back-in-the-day.

kat said...

Happy Birthday Charlotte!! I can't believe you are FIVE! Jess, you are simply AMAZING! Such a fun mom.