Monday, November 8, 2010

Kater is 6 months old (well...she's now 6 1/2)

Miss Kate turned 6 months old the day before Charlotte's birthday. I just can't believe it!! She's a nugget and I love it. I love changing her diaper and seeing the chunky legs. But she's not a chunky girl overall...she doesn't really look it. But she's tall too. I didn't realize how tall she was until she was measure at the dr last week!!! I was FLOORED! ha ha

She weighs 17 lbs 4 oz and is the 72% for her weight.
She is 28 1/4 inches long and is in the 99 PERCENTILE!!! Can you believe it?! The typical height for her age (on the paper it said) is 26 inches long. She's 2 inches longer than other 6 months old. CRAZY!!! ha ha.

This picture just CRACKS me up!!! ha ha. She gives this face a lot. ha ha ha ha.

Yes, I know. The flower is usually on the SIDE of the head. ha ha.

A lot of exersaucer pics but what can I say, she's stinkin' cute :) Doesn't she just make you wanna smile?!

She's just so cute. She's getting SO much better. Still a fussy girl but not quite as much. She really really enjoys Charlotte and Jack. And since Jack is at home all day, he entertains her. When he walks into a room and bobs his head or whatever she cracks up laughing. I love hearing her laugh. And it's a lot :)

She isn't too keen on baby food. We give it to her but she isn't crazy about it. I'm sure one day she'll be like, yeah, I like it! But she loves milk a lot. :)

She has been sleepomg AWFUL these last few weeks. She's generally a good sleeper but lately she's awake a few times a night and sometimes she'll wake up and start cooing and laughing. What's up Kate?! seriously!!

I think she's going to start crawling (more like army crawl) very very soon. She rolls around everywhere and likes to put anything in her mouth. So we have to be extra clean on the floor. She can sit but you have to be behind her cause she likes to fall back still. It's amazing how fast she's becoming mobile. I thought Jack was fast but I had him compared to little Charlotte. But he doesn't compare! sheesh!

She's REALLY good at ripping apart your face. If you enjoy this, I'll let you hold her. ha ha. She gets the BIGGEST smile on her face. And smiles so much. And she loves to say ma-ma and da da. I know these are sounds but I think it's a bit early to say it...at least to me. Especially since she's been doing it a while. I don't know. Maybe my audiologist friends and SLP's can tell me :) But I swear she'll turn to Wade and say "hi dadadadada" ha ha. I know it's just sounds but I like to pretend, okay? okay.

Kate has been so much fun. And I love to hold her and squeeze her and give her kisses. She's so happy when you hold her. Not when you leave the room :( but her eyes just light up when she looks at you. I love it. Makes me feel good. I still can't believe she'll be 7 months in a couple of weeks!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Crystal-she did have blue eyes when she was born! Jack and Charlotte did too, but theirs are grey/hazel. So I don't know if Kate will keep hers or not! Blue eyes are VERY dominate in my family. I guess that's why we don't have dark brown eyed kids...yet! But I love brown eyes (don't be cheeky! no pun there either)

Eric and Jenny said...

I loved this post, it's so fun to compare her to Katelynn!

99% height, I can't believe it, what a tall girl she is, that's so cute! Sorry she isn't sleeping all that well finally Katelynn is sleeping from 8-5 and then I feed her at 5 and she sleeps till 8. Only took her 7 months to get the hang of it. I love the saucer pictures, they do make me smile, she is so darling. I love getting to see her every now and again.

Cute post, I loved it!

Melodie said...

Six months already? Wow she sure is getting big. And what a cutie!!!

Jen said...

I absolutely adore Kate!! I love her so much! I can't wait to hold her again soon and let her scratch up my face! It's worth it!

Kendra said...

Wow...that went by fast! She is such a cutie! I love reading updates on your blog. :)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Really?! 6 months already :) Oh Jessica, Kate is SO beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful family you have. I'm no baby expert, but I don't think 6 months is too early to be saying "mama" and "dada". Kaia said "mama" over and over when she was only 4 months old (I promise!) At least whatever if was she was babbling made me feel special :) We need to get together again!

Kim Allen said...

Love the SLP shout out! Ha ha. Yes, she probably is just babbling versus saying "real" words of ma ma and da da but it's a great first step and helping her to pair objects/people with what she is saying is what will help those sounds turn into words. Okay, enough SLP-isms from me! She is such a doll! I'm hoping we can catch some of your family at Sound Beginnings when we come home for Christmas! I'll have to settle for blog posts for now so keep them coming!

Grannie said...

Wow is she growing fast!!! And by the way, I think the flower looks really cute where it is!!! and I believe she IS saying dada and mama and hi dadadada!! She is a real cutie!

Crystal said...

wow what a cutie - i guess we haven't seen many photos cause she seems so big and grown up! The first pics are crack up as. She is definitely a cutie!