Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

This year for Halloween, I made Charlotte a Tinkerbell costume and Jack wore Charlotte's monkey costume from last year. They were so cute!! We didn't have too many trick or treaters compared to last year but it was fun. I went with Charlotte trick or treating while Wade took Jack so he could go to bed. She got the hang of it FAST. If she saw a house with pumpkins, she pointed to it and kept saying "tri-tree" or "chri-chree" for trick or treat. She loved saying it and saying thank you too. It was cute. Once the kids were in bed, Wade and I watched Mummy Daddy. It's a funny 20 min. movie. A good Halloween for sure!

Charlotte picked out the pumpkin she wanted carved! She loves saying pumpkins! We carved these the Thursday before Halloween. It was fun.

Top right pumpkin is Wades! It's the Made in NZ logo. It's a kiwi bird. Bottom right is Jack's (he picked out the pumpkin too!) and Wade did the standard jack-o-lantern. Bottom left is mine, notice the glasses? ha ha. The middle painted one is Charlotte's from school that she painted and decorated and the top left is hers as well.

I finished the tinkerbell costume! I made some wings but still liked these flimsy ones I purchased like 2 years before for 99cents at Michaels (on clearance of course!) better.

I attempted to make a Halloween meal. I didn't take pictures of the mummy dogs because they didn't turn out like I had hoped. So click on this to see what they were supposed to look like. I made the bones out of frozen roll dough. Easy! And of course had Graveyard clippings! I couldn't think of a fun main idea for me and wade so it was just a lame vegetarian meal. ha ha.

Happy Jack!

Getting ready to go trick or treating! : D


He was tired of me taking picture. But it was hard cause all of them were coming out blurry!!

Jack with some of his loot the next day!
We took Jack out for a little bit but he needed to go to bed plus Wade needed to hand out the candy too. He had a lot of fun. Well, I think he was bewildered at what was going on, really. Doesn't he know everyone is just handing out candy?!

Charlotte didn't want to wear her tutu underneath which I didn't care about! She looked adorable still!

Charlotte posing! ha ha

This is all the goodies she got while trick or treating. She was a nut. Kept opening a sucker, licked it 3 times, said she was all done and opened another. I didn't care. We always ate as much as we could when we were little so I just let her go at it. It was funny.

I added in the rest of the loot from her trick or treating at school. She is one lucky girl!! Look at that face?!


9 comments:

David and Amy said...

Charlotte is so pretty, she is the cutest Tinkerbell! I can't believe how much candy she got, how fun! Jack is so sweet as a monkey. I just love seeing how much fun you have as a family!

Kendra said...

Cute Tinkerbell outfit...Did you say that you made it?! That is crazy! You are amazing! Ha ha ha! And of course Jack is cute as a monkey!

Eric and Jenny said...

Love their costumes that seems crazy it was just last year Charlotte wore that monkey costume, seems like forever ago. I can't believe you made Tinkerbell, you are a girl of many talents!

Wendi said...

No pictures of you :( You are so amazingly talented. I always get hungry looking at your blog.

The Chandler Family said...

Nice work on the tinkerbell costume! They look so cute, Cole was that same monkey a few years ago!

Crystal said...

what are 'graveyard clippings'??

Jay and Emily said...

I love both of the costumes! Your dinner looks really fun as well! I love the pictures of Charlotte with all of her candy.

Jessica said...

Crystal--ha ha. I was just making up what a salad would be called on halloween. i was thinking of grass clippings at a graveyard. i know, a bit far fetched but oh well!

Melodie said...

I'm totally impressed with Charlotte's costume. You're so talented.