Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Charlotte's fall

Well, I'm sure a lot of you know by know that Charlotte fell down the stairs. I was in the bedroom talking with Wade and he was holding Jack. He turned and saw Charlotte falling and he screamed for me to go get her. I ran after her but by the time I was halfway down she already hit the stupid tile (not put in by us...but now we are going to replace it even though it's so expensive and haven't been able to yet). I grabbed her and I was in horror. I've never seen a goose-egg so HUGE. And by the time I grabbed her and brought her upstairs it was worse. It seriously stuck at least a 1/2 inch if not bigger and the size of a golf ball. I've heard awful stories in the media lately where the patient hit their head and never went in to get checked and ended up dying. So I was so freaked out that we went to the E.R. They immediately took her in and put her in a neck brace. Of course, Charlotte hated it. We got into a CT scan and the radiologist looked at it and found her neck and head were completely fine. WONDERFUL! But we had to wait to leave for Charlotte to get out of the sedation medication and then to also walk around to make sure nothing was dislocated, twisted, etc. She was able to watch Finding Nemo, her current favorite movie, and enjoy a popsicle. She also held her doll that had an I.V. too. It was cute. She wanted to get down after awhile and walked around. So the dr. and nurses thought that was great. They removed the I.V. and we were on our way. A short 2 hr visit. Well, I thought it was "short". So now, she's home from school, relaxing and trying to get rest. It's hard to see her injury. It looks sore but she can really pull of a beautiful, klingon look! ha ha. She's a trooper.

At the hospital:


The goose-egg is still noticeable but has really swollen up across the forhead. A lot different than when it first happened.

Look at her doll's arm. Ha ha.

Today:

12 comments:

Rachel said...

GLAD SHE'S OKAY!!

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

I am so sorry! I am glad she is ok though!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Jess how terrifying, I am so glad she is okay. I too have heard some scary things of head injuries, you were very smart to take her in. Let me know if you need anything....

kevin said...

That is so scary. Glad she is okay

Melodie said...

There must have been something in the air yesterday. Jason tripped, knocked his head on the door and now he has a black eye. Yikes. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as Charlotte. That's scary! It's great to see that she's recovering nicely.

Mrs. Jones said...

I am so happy she is okay! Better to be safe than sorry, in my experience. Miss you guys!

Wendi said...

I would have felt sick. That is sad you watched it happen and couldn't do anything. Sorry guys.

The Chandler Family said...

Okay, i thought my kids had some big goose eggs, but that is just crazy! Poor Charlotte. Good mommy for taking her to the ER, better to be safe than sorry!

Crystal said...

holy crap that looks so sore

The Warwicks said...

Those photos are too sad! I wish I hadn't seen them...you should take them off before Mum see's them. :-(
We're glad she's okay!

Dinky Di said...

Wow!!! Goose egg is right. That must have been some almighty whack!! She probably takes after her dad there - he jumped off the balcony onto the driveway when he was about Charlotte's age. And that was from the second storey. He's survived and seems to be okay ha ha ha. Big hug for Charlotte and one for Wade and Jess too.

Jay and Emily said...

I am happy she is okay! Wow! That is a huge goose egg. We are going to come up for dinner this Sunday and I can't wait to see you guys!