Tuesday, April 8, 2008


So I'm going crazy with the blogging posts. Figured, I actually took some pictures and might as well get it all done. Maybe I'll be better at posting them when I actually take them! Ha ha. This is a bruise that Charlotte got. Had to show you. This picture is when it was a week old.
It all started two weeks ago (the day after Easter), she woke up monday morning and when I looked at her arm the bruise was a more distinct circle and it looked like there was an "x" impression on it as well. She has a huge lump that the dr. says is a hematoma. We had gone to the dr. the next day because it was worse and we were very concerned about it. Funny how it became more and more ugly as time went on. She still has it but it's starting to fade and the lump is finally getting smaller. The dr. says it will be there for a month or so. We have NO idea how she got it. We thought maybe the day before she was stepped on with a toy or something at nursery but the nursery workers said they don't remember anything happening or Charlotte crying. She doesn't cry or anything if you touch it so it seems to not bother her too much. I just feel so bad for her!! It looks like she had a lot of trauma to her arm for a bruise to be that bad. I wish I knew what had happened but she's not in pain so that's the most important part. She just has a nasty bruise to show off.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crystal said...

that is one hard core bruise!! that is insane. poor thing. but at least it doesn't seem to bothe her.

Jen said...

HOLY COW! That bruise is huge!!! I'm glad she's not crying over it though.

Crystal said...

WOW! That is awful! At least its getting better though.