Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Okay, so I've updated the blog and there are tons there! I hope you enjoy it. Just wanted to share with you about how Charlotte is progressing. She now likes to get onto all fours....a huge obstacle for her. So that is just great news for her because it helps in gaining her balance and of course helping her walk. She just needs encouragement to know how to move her hands and legs to start crawling. But she looks so cute just being on all fours! Her eating is amazing, like I've said before. Her favorite things to eat are chocolate, ice cream, pretzels and of course french fries! Although, she doesn't get to eat them all the time. She can eat chicken now, as long as it is soft. We are trying to get her to eat new foods all the time (as long as it isn't a difficult thing to eat, like uncooked carrots) but she LOVES to eat. This is a huge component for those with feeding issues. So we're so blessed she loves to eat, even if she doesn't eat as fast as a regular toddler. She does though eat more of a variety than an average toddler and is getting pretty close to eating the same amount as one. BUT She still needs work with the volume of drinking but her technique is really good. I think the big issue isn't her eating but her weight. She needs to gain weight. She keeps losing it but of course she's also more active compared to how she was 6 months ago. So tomorrow we see the Dysphagia clinic at Primary Children's. This is the feeding clinic. We will see the Dr. and nutritionist. I doubt they'll want to take out the tube but we're getting closer and closer. Who knows when it will be but like the feeding therapist said, perhaps within the year!! yay. But we'll let you know of any news that happens tomorrow!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck with Dr. O Gorman or however you spell her name!! I hope things go smoothly for you! I'm so happy to see and hear about all Charlotte's progress. And yes, you are right. She eats way better than Kya does, so it's wonderful she's eating such variety :)

Jen said...

P.S. I LOVE ALL OF YOUR POSTS!!! I say, keep it up! I'm loving it :)

Crystal said...

Dear Jess - please post a pregnant side shot of yourself. want to see a baby bump.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lady Di said...

So cool to see Charlotte progressing albeit slowly. She's so darn cute and too far away. You'll have to cuddle her for us. Must be time for another book from Aunty Diana.