Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Bugga. I'm getting old....

So, I've tried taking a self portrait looking AT the camera but I felt like a dufus and looked old. So here's to my profile. ha ha ha (and ps, that's not my shoulder on the right. It's my fat arm. I am wearing a modest shirt...doesn't look like it and I can't be bothered editing it because I'm just lazy. And it's my birthday and I don't want to!!!!)

I'm 33 today. Well, NOT quite 33. Not til 7:22pm PST. This is how much I'm protesting my age! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BIRTHDAYS!!! I feel so special and I have so much fun but the little number that hangs over your head and shows through your wrinkles and old skin is not the fun part...But I am STILL young. I FEEL young. I don't feel like a day over 28! haha. It used to be 23...then 25. But this is for real now. I'm definitely liking the number 28 :)

I've had a relaxing day so far! Wade bought me some yogurt with granola and make your own Jamba smoothie!! Since he leaves for work at 7am and couldn't share a breakfast with me he made sure there was a yummy treat for me!!! And yes, it IS the Jamba brand and the Caribbean Passion flavor was absolutely divine. Kate kept screaming and couldn't get enough of it and it was so big I couldn't finish the darn thing...well, maybe it's cause I've been on a diet for 3 months and my eating habits have changed??? haha. RIGHT.

Wade came home around 11am (nice he has a few prep periods between his classes!) with some Quiznos. Did I tell you love Quiznos? Well, I do. It's just a love/hate relationship! Darn good sandwiches....ridiculous prices. But it makes the sandwich a little bit more special when you don't have it all the time.

And that's it so far for my day! We've got Chili's planned for us and the kids and a DELICIOUS ICE CREAM CAKE for dessert. Charlotte is SOOOO excited. I think more than I am that it's my birthday!! I love that girl!!
And Jack keeps blowing out air from his mouth pretending to blow out candles. He's such a crack up!

And Wade has spoiled me with some Pearl handmade antiqued earrings!! YEAH!!! And my wonderful, awesome friend LACY brought over some Tillamook Cinnamon Banana Bliss. And it's only 2:20! Woo hoo!!! ha ha. oh oh, and my awesome friend NICKI just texted and is coming by! I love it!! THANK YOU!!!

9 comments:

Becca said...

Hey we're the same age! My birthday was two weeks ago.
Happy Birthday!

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Jess, you look beautiful in that picture, I love your hair!

Sounds like a wonderful day, I love Quiznos too, and Chili's. That's my idea of a good birthday, good food!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Your picture is so beautiful!

I just want you to know what a wonderful friend you are and I am so thankful to know you and be part of your life... love ya!

I brought you ice cream, because you have brought me ice cream on my birthday the last two years in a row! That's how cool you are; I owe you :)

Jay and Emily said...

Jessica you seriously do not look 33! You are so pretty and I love that picture of you. Happy Birthday! It sounds like it has been a wonderful day. Enjoy that icecream cake ... it sounds really yummy. :)

bontovi said...

You are soooo gorgeous! 33 is just a number (a good number though). I'm 28, but I don't look a day YOUNGER than 40! (So yah.. YOU ARE SOO BLESSED!). Alofas to you and your lovely family!

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday! I worked really hard for my gray hairs and wrinkles. They are like trophys (and then I paid to have my hair highlighted to disguise them).

Nicki said...

Your just an awesome person! Happy Birthday and I am glad to hear that you got spoiled. :) you looked so cute that day and your arm does NOT look fat. Keep up the good work with your diet. You are looking awesome........HECK YES!!!! P.S. Next week we need to get Lacy and go to the park :)

David and Amy said...

I love reading your posts, you crack me up! Happy birthday! You are one gorgeous 33-year-old Mama!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! Sure love ya, girl, glad you had an awesome day! That icecream cake looks divine....