Monday, August 23, 2010

Toy Story Cake

This past week, I've been crazy busy. Along with the usual crazy days with 3 kids, I had family visiting and I made a birthday cake for a little boy for his birthday on Saturday (well, celebrated it saturday!). But I remember I said I don't make cakes except for family, anymore. That's still true. I made an exception when Nicki, who's a hairstylist and styles my hair, offered to trade work for work. I'm not stupid. I said yeah!!! Brody loves Toy Story-- she told me what she wanted and here's the result. Although I have never done Fondant lettering before and I'm not pleased about it -- I did my best!!! I hope you like it. The cakes were yellow/chocolate marble cake with buttercream icing and the top moon/planet thing was rice krispie treats to get the desired shape! I made everything except for the characters, of course. So cool and fun!!! and time consuming :) But I LOVE my hair so I think I got the better end of the deal ;). Thanks, Nicki!

18 comments:

Wendi said...

That cake looks straight from those cake competitions. That is seriously amazing!

Melodie said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm totally impressed! I wanna see pictures of your new haircut too.

Kimberley Farthing said...

Insanely Awesome Jess!!! And there is nothing wrong with the letters. On the Family Feed blog Wade said you used Homemade Fondant? I reckon we need a recipe of that on the blog :)

Paula Decaria said...

The cake was really awesome, and it was amazingly tasty, too! You are very talented, Jess!

Erica said...

I knew I liked your hair! That cake is absolutely amazing. I can't even believe it.

grannie said...

WOW!!! You should send that picture in to Hollywood!! They'll give you an award for sure!!! I can't believe how HUGE it is!

David and Amy said...

That cake is soooooooo cute and looks like it is humongous! You are so talented!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

HOLY WOODY AND BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! wow, Jess, you are truly amazing.... I am sorry we missed the party. :) yeah, I would love to see Brody's face when he saw that masterpiece ;)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

oh and your hair is gorgeous, by the way, isn't Nicki the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are SO talented!!

Nicki said...

Yes, this cake was huge and I ate ALL of it. not really but we ate alot of it and I froze some of it. Thanks again everyone loved it and Brody still talks about it. I feel like I am going to be in debt to you forever! You are the BEST!

The Warwicks said...

Cake = Awesome.
But show us the HAIR!!!!

kat said...

WOW Jess! YOU are AMAZING!! I need you to teach me some lessons. That is about the coolest cake ever. You really should enter it in one of those contests for cool cakes! WAY to go.

Jay and Emily said...

WOW!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME, Jess! It reminds me of something off of The Cake Boss. Do you ever watch that show? If not, you should. You can get some good ideas off of there. :) I am super impressed!

Crystal said...

where is the hair pic

Jenn said...

WOW!!! Totally impressed, Jess! You are amazing!

The Chandler Family said...

AMAZING.....

Unknown said...

Goodness Gracious...that is freaking awesome. You are EXTREMELY talented, Jess!