Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wedding cake





Side/diagonal view




I did it! Well, I said the cake in December was my last wedding cake but I neglected to tell some people who I've made a cake for them before that I don't do them anymore...so I was asked by Elora, who I taught in Laurels, to make one for her. I couldn't say NO!! BUT THIS IS MY LAST ONE (unless it's for family I think...) until the kids are in school/grown up. HA HA HA. With a baby coming, it's already stressful with the kids. ANYWHO. Elora picked out everything for the cake. There were some things that I couldn't find/do but I LOVE how this cake turned out. The flowers were made by hand, (not the big poofy fake ones ;) and Gretchen made the swirly wires) and I need to give credit to Wade in helping me figure out the right dimensions for the red fondant and for stacking, moving the cake, etc. and helping me out with the kids. Oh and it only took 20 hrs...So now that this cake is finally done, my brain can focus all on the baby, Jack and Charlotte and Wade.

15 comments:

Lora said...

Jess! The fact that you made this cake is AMAZING. The even bigger fact that you did this cake while eight months pregnant is even more incredible!!! Or, insane? Good job. You really are talented. I leave all of the baking to my husband.....although I made quite an impressive cheesecake from scratch a few months ago--but that is like scaling a mole hill in the world of baking, whereas you have scaled a mountain. Now, go and kick up your weary feet and relax until your baby comes...well, as relaxed as you can get eight months pregnant and with two other children. :)

Wendi said...

That is really cool looking. 20 hours, that is a crazy amount of patience.

Mrs. Jones said...

It is fabulous!!! I LOVE IT! You are so super talented!!

Melodie said...

So very beautiful!! I'm very impressed. And I can't believe it's only a few more weeks until your baby is due. Wow! Hope you're doing ok.

David and Amy said...

You are amazing, that cake is adorable!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Jess it's just so beautiful though! The colors are gorgeous, well everything about it is gorgeous. But good for you for cutting out unneccasry stress in your life. Who needs that with a new baby on the way.

Crystal said...

holy cow!!!!!!! good on you jess well done

Jenny Axford Cook said...

You are amazing! I had no idea you had such a talent!!!!

Jay and Emily said...

I love it! You are VERY talented. I can't believe you did that while being 8 months pregnant.

Dionne said...

That cake is beautiful Jessica! And I'm impressed that you did it being pregnant -- you are superwoman!

Good luck to all of you in the next month!

The Chandler Family said...

That looks so great Jess, hope you survive the next few weeks and get some sleep! Thinking about you...

Jen said...

Once again, you AMAZE me!! This cake is perfect! Everything you make it absolutely awesome!! Great job!!

Jenn said...

Wow, amazing! That is seriously impressive :)

The Warwicks said...

Wow Jess! Awesome job! You can make Elle's wedding cake in about 10 years time :-)

kat said...

WOW!! Gorgeous cake!! You did such an AMAZING job!! Good luck with this cute new baby!