Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well, I was a bit homesick for New Zealand so thought I'd post some memories from my pictures on the computer. I would put way more on but I can't be bothered going through the cds for more so you can just have a taste of what I experienced. But I do have to say, you MUST visit NZ. It is absolutely gorgeous, full of warm and friendly people, and just plain awesome. I really do miss it and wish we could go back and visit right now! So I've put on some New Zealand bands in the playlist...Goldenhorse, Nesian Mystik and The exponents. Take a listen! The other songs within the first 1/3 of the playlist are songs that make me think of NZ because I heard them there.


Easter Sunday! Can you find Charlotte in the bunnies? ha ha. Charlotte's first Easter which was in New Zealand.

Our Lexus! Yep, except in New Zealand it's the Toyota Wyndom. This was our most favorite car and best looking car we've ever owned. We really do miss it!

Hamilton Lake! A lake close by our house in Temple View. It has a Maori name but can't think of it....similar to "Rotorua".

Raglan beach! Charlotte's first trip to Raglan. It has black sand and amazing waves. No wonder the surfing championships take place there! You see so many surfers there too. It is absolutely gorgeous. Whenever we listen to any Jack Johnson songs, I always think of driving to Raglan.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

cool pic of wade and charlotte at rags. The Maori name for the lake is Rotoroa. There are some cool pics in the museum of people swimming in the lake in the 1920s : )

Jen said...

I wanna go back to New Zealand SO BAD!!!

Rebecca said...

when I'm rich I'll take you there and we'll make banana pancakes and laugh 'til our sides ache.