Friday, July 25, 2008

Jack Ian Ardern


Jack is such a good baby. He's so adorable and we love him so much. I had decided to be induced on Wed. So I went in at 7:15am to the hospital, started me on pitocin around 8am. Had an epidural. WHICH I LOVED! I was only in labor for 5 hours and pushed for 25 min. We were shocked at how fast I had him! Even the nurse and dr. were amazed. The anesthesiologist came in to check on me and I was already holding him in my arms and he certainly didn't expect that!! I had him at 1:25pm. But during the delivery, Jack was face up and so he needed help being turned around. They used the vacuum (which unfortunately mishaped his head! It looks sore too!!) to help turn him but he was too stubborn. But thankfully, at the very last second he turned around and things were better from then on. He is completely fine. There was a bit of nervousness when he first failed his hearing test but several tries later he finally passed! A little miracle for us. Needless to say, it was a tough few hours that first night. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. We are so thankful for all our family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Melodie said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is he!! I'm glad to hear everything went well with the delivery, etc. Loved all the pictures!

Jen said...

I love his little outfit! SO DARN CUTE! I'm glad he turned around to face down before being delivered, phew. And his head will get back to normal. Kya's was all mis-shapen too from the vacuum and forceps, but it rounded out and is more proportional than Brennon's who didn't have the vacuum. Go figure. LOL! I can't wait to see this sweet little man!

Jenn said...

Another baby, woohoo! Congratulations Jess and Wade on an adorable baby boy!

The Chandler Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. Sounds like Cole with the failed hearing test and jaundice, they just like to add a little extra stress don't they. Hope you are doing well and we hope we get to see Jack soon!

Crystal said...

wish I could have a hold!!!

Rachel said...

He's sooo cute! thanks for all the posts, pictures. I love seeing them. Can't wait to meet him...he'll be soooo much bigger...

Em said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!

Jay and Emily said...

Jack looks just like Wade! Jay and I are so excited for the two of you. I hope that we can see the little guy sometime soon! Congratulations and we are both so happy that you and Jack are both doing so well.

Jani said...

Congrats, he is a little doll baby! Your family is just beautiful--I'm so happy for you guys.

Kendra said...

wow! He is so cute! I would love to come up and see you! You need to see Tori too. We are going to have to let them go on a date! :) I am glad you are doing well and that Jack is here!!!

Crystal said...

time for a new post!!!!! more more more.

London Chandler said...

he is so cute good job!